Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early scan at 9 weeks...doesn't look good but possible heartbeat?

(9 Posts)
Difficultchoice Mon 02-Nov-15 13:32:48

not sure whether I'm grasping at straws. Went for private scan because of symptoms lessening and a teeny bit of brown discharge over a few days.

Could see the sac and yolk/ fetal pole but sonograper said was measuring around 7 weeks mark when my calculation is 8+6 going by lmp. They've referred me to the epau for an internal scan on Thursday.

She did say there's possibly a flicker - maybe a heartbeat but they can't be sure. But really should be able to see more development by 9 weeks?

Is there any hope or it this a mmc? Thanks

mummyneedinganswers Mon 02-Nov-15 13:49:55

I was meant to be 7 weeks by my lmp but only measured 4 turned out I ovulated late meaning I was as far on as thought. I'm 36 weeks now and my original due dat was 7th November but was put back to 30th November

Is it possible you ovulated a week later that expected xx

Difficultchoice Mon 02-Nov-15 14:06:53

I don't know when I ov but I can pinpoint the day we had sex. We weren't ttc but had unprotected sex on 15th sept and lmp was 1st sept. I'm confused by all this....

Can anyone help? I think it's not good as symptoms went about 10 days ago although I still have sore boobs but not as bad as they were.

CharlyWooplus2 Mon 02-Nov-15 18:50:22

My LMP was 3rd sept. I ov'd on 19th Sept. I am measuring 8+1 by private scan, though by LMP I would be 8+4.

Your LMP is only 2 days prior to mine. You could have ovulated later in cycle. Sperm can survive up to 4-6 days I think.

Is there any chance you have your dates wrong too? Symptoms do come in waves as well. Fingers crossed you see the heartbeat on Thursday. Good luck.

Difficultchoice Mon 02-Nov-15 19:18:28

Thanks...it's all very upsetting and I'm worried about bleeding starting ....

Difficultchoice Tue 03-Nov-15 07:31:25

Does anyone have anymore advice?

Metalhead Tue 03-Nov-15 08:01:19

If you only had sex on Sep 15 then I'm afraid it doesn't look good, sorry. Yes sperm can hang around for up to 5 days, but even then you should be 8 weeks now.

The only thing is that if it was an external scan they can be slightly more inaccurate than internal ones. But I would prepare myself for the worst if I were you. (I was in your position last year and it's horrible, so you have my sympathies.) flowers

5hell Tue 03-Nov-15 10:14:03

So sorry you have to wait until thursday to find out for sure OP.
It's very hard to say either way what the outcome will be...measuring externally at this early stage can be quite inaccurate and there is of course a range of expected measurements (so you could be at the lower end of normal); I would have hoped the sonographer wouldn't have mentionned a HB if they weren't reasonably confident as this will obviously give you hope.

I'm currently 19w, having measured small at an early 8w scan, having had breakthrough bleeding at 4w and gushes of blood at 6, 7, and 8w (and a mc earlier in the year).

So there is always hope; all you can do is look after yourself, rest, find a distraction. I hope it turns out ok.

Difficultchoice Tue 03-Nov-15 12:33:32

Thanks both....have cried a lot but think I'll nip out to do some birthday shopping. I can't wallow around but still don't think I can work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now