Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Dun dun dun... i've packed my hopsital bag!

(10 Posts)
teamrigby Mon 02-Nov-15 11:18:16

As it says on the tin, I've finally packed my bag. My friend was nagging me at my baby shower yesterday, so I finally packed it last night smile

Just need to add a couple of last minute bits like chargers, drinks, etc - quite pleased that I have finally packed it but now worried I've forgotten something lol!!

TakesTwoToTango Mon 02-Nov-15 11:28:32

Same here. And wrote my birth plan too. 38+1 today so it was time!

teamrigby Mon 02-Nov-15 11:33:30

Ooo haven't wrote my birth plan as yet, but have it all in my pregnancy app smile

acquiescence Mon 02-Nov-15 12:32:42

What have you packed? I'm 39+1 and have only partly packed my stuff! Need to do one for baby and finish mine. So far I have nighties, some snacks, big pants, breast and maternity pads, cosmetics, magazine. What else...?

For baby i have baby grows and vests, cardi, hats, blanket, packet of nappies. All newborn/first size and will leave others at home (we are only 5 minutes from hospital)

I am planning a home birth so hoping won't need bags!

MrsCrimshaw Mon 02-Nov-15 12:39:20

Don't forget toiletries! I am 35 weeks tomorrow and have started to put some things together - so far have a nightie, dressing gown and flipflops for me, and yesterday my mum gave me lots of nice sanctuary toiletries. I also have a travel size toothbrush and toothpaste and a towel.

Haven't got as far as baby things though...!

teamrigby Mon 02-Nov-15 15:43:54

I've packed:

For me:
- Dark coloured vest + pj bottoms (x2)
- Dark dressing gown
- Slippers
- 6 pairs of high-waisted dark pants (recommended by friend in case of c-sec)
- Warm socks for on ward
- Mini toiletries (incl shampoo, fav shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush, facewash, lipbalm, deodorant)
- coming home outfit (incl. loose black yoga trousers, a maternity tshirt and loose cardi, socks)
- 2 packs of maternity pads
- Wad of nipple pads
- Nipple cream
- Phone earphones to listen to music

For baby:
- 3 newborn sleepsuits (with built in scratch mitts)
- 3 newborn bodysuits
- 1 baby cardi
- 2 newborn hats
- 3 pairs of socks
- knitted baby blanket
- Pack of newborn nappies
- Nappy cream
- pack of baby wipes and nappy sacks
- pack of cotton pads
- couple of muslins

Think that was everything without checking again lol

Will add in phone charger, drinks, snacks as going and grab a coat too smile
And car seat is ready to go in OHs car too smile

Can't make it all out but here is my bag... its the bag that I use for travelling - small enough for hand luggage but bit enough for up to a week's worth smile

Hope this helps smile

BuggerLumpsAnnoyed Mon 02-Nov-15 16:01:51

Maybe as well some change in case you want to hit the vending machine

teamrigby Mon 02-Nov-15 16:13:38

good thinking BuggerLumpsAnnoyed

OH has a supply of change in the car for car park too smile

TakesTwoToTango Mon 02-Nov-15 16:44:54

Change of clothes for oh just in case he gets sweaty/messy during delivery?

Redhead79 Mon 02-Nov-15 21:04:14

Done mine too (well apart from chargers and the slippers that I can't find) at 37 weeks thought it was about time! Birth plan tomorrow....
Ps good tip about the change, hadn't thought about that

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: