Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

34 weeks today... what to expect?

(7 Posts)
teamrigby Mon 02-Nov-15 11:02:49

Hi ladies,

This is my first baby and obviously reading a variety of books but can anyone give any insight into what is to be expected wk by wk?

For a couple of weeks now I have been waking 2-3 times every night and baby is a serious wriggler!

Just got myself a couple of nursing bras as my larger cup sized bras were beginning to be really uncomfortable.

Haven't had any major nipple leakage to warrant nipple pads yet.

TMI warning... nor has discharge increased to pantyliner level yet.

Look forward to hearing what's ahead smile

trebleclef101 Mon 02-Nov-15 11:37:14

When I was pregnant with DD I signed up for email from the NHS's Start4Life and found them really useful.

You can tell them how far along you are, and they send weekly email with info like what your body is doing and how your baby is developing. They also include loads of useful links.

I found them very reassuring as every time I experienced a strange pregnancy symptom, the very next email would tell me how to deal with it so realised it was perfectly normal!

Here's a link:

www.nhs.uk/start4life

For me, I didn't have any leakage until after she was born and my milk came in, then it was pads every night to prevent the bed from being soaked!

I don't remember having any major changes in my last few weeks, just the bump getting bigger and getting tired more easily. My tip would be to sleep as much as possible before the fun begins!

teamrigby Mon 02-Nov-15 11:52:28

Thanks trebleclef101 smile

trebleclef101 Mon 02-Nov-15 11:56:16

No problem, congratulations and good luck!

lemon101 Mon 02-Nov-15 14:01:48

well I'm 35 weeks and have just gone from smug 'this is all fine, not sure what people are grumbling about' to omg I am absolutely massive (my ability to get out of a chair without a degree of anticipatory rocking has evaporated, really uncomfortable, f*cking trousers won't stay up and can't be arsed with work or anything else for that matter!

So taking me as a guide I would say ready yourself to be in a serious bad mood in a few days wink

teamrigby Mon 02-Nov-15 15:27:15

lemon101 lol that made me laugh!! I have already had a start of this... really struggle to get off our sofa at home and have to kind of slide off now smile

SnozzberryPie Tue 03-Nov-15 12:38:28

I am 35 and a bit weeks and in the last few days have had no concentration span at all, can't sit in a car for more than 30 minutes, have started leaking colostrum, have gone up to 5 wees a night and can't do up my maternity jeans. Just to give you something to look forward togrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now