Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early Pregnancy Symptoms

(14 Posts)
BeauticianNotMagician81 Sun 01-Nov-15 10:57:44

Hi this is a TMI post so I apologise in advance. I've just found out I'm pregnant it's super early only 4+3. I have severe constipation. It's so painful. Is this normal early pregnancy? I'm feeling sick as well. I've never had constipation in my previous 3 pregnancies until towards my due date. Has anyone experienced similar. I'm trying to drink lots of water.

mummyneedinganswers Sun 01-Nov-15 11:21:47

I had diarrhoea until 8 weeks so the opposite of you but could u try prunes or least prune juice ?

Plenty of water
Hot bath helps me
Grapes also help me

You could get lacy u lose if you still don't move it's safe in pregnancy

BeauticianNotMagician81 Sun 01-Nov-15 11:23:56

Thanks mummy. I've always been the opposite too & had diarrhoea at the start. I don't want piles this soon shock

madsaz76 Sun 01-Nov-15 11:26:54

I was constipated early on - settled about week 10. Never had it before and most miserable.

Fibre up! I had lots of fruit, pulses & added in fibre wih breakfast. You can buy lactulose over the counter, avoid daily use as you'll get used to it. Senna a no unless recommended by your doc.

Bloody hormones

Willow123707 Sun 01-Nov-15 12:36:48

Congrats. I found out that early too and suffered with constipation until 12 weeks, I would go days with anything. This caused my side and back to be in bits! I was taking pregnacare which has iron in it and I don't think that was helping, but I still took them as wanted to do everything right! Eating a plate of fruit always worked for me, as much as I hate fruit. Prunes, apples, oranges etc. keep up the water too.

BeauticianNotMagician81 Sun 01-Nov-15 12:51:46

Thanks Willow. I feel really different this time. Nausea this morning already although it's subsided now, constipation, sore boobs (that's new to me too) and I found out so early. I've never had a positive pregnancy test until after Af due and it's usually 4 days plus after. I couldn't believe I got a faint positive two days before Af due this time & that a cb digital had shown up already.

RugbyWidow7 Sun 01-Nov-15 15:43:22

I've suffered with constipation with each pregnancy and am currently wk 13 of number three with no sign of it abating. It's so miserable isn't it. I find lactulose gives me unbareable wind so I had to stop. Not really sure what do now as nothing really seems to work. If you find any wonder treatment pls post as piles are rubbish!!

BeauticianNotMagician81 Sun 01-Nov-15 16:50:50

I will do Rugby
I had a big bowl of bran flakes for lunch and still nothing sad

WelliesTheyAreWonderful Sun 01-Nov-15 18:38:09

Lots of fruit and veggies, try a smoothie or soup if you find it difficult to get your 5 a day. Keep going with the water.

Theresao999 Sun 01-Nov-15 22:14:17

I've been trying for a baby nearly 3 years now and every I get my period. I have 3 days left until my period is due but the pains in my sides and back are sore I also get pains inside on my abdomen when I sit down it can hurt a little and the odd time when I go to the toilet I get shooting pains in my vagina can this be early pregnancy signs or period is on the way ? Suppose it's just the waiting game now ????

BeauticianNotMagician81 Mon 02-Nov-15 06:57:45

Theresa have you been to the see your gp. I was ttc for 13 months this time and after a year I went to see my gp and have recently had fertility bloods done to see if anything was wrong. Your symptoms sound good but sometimes it's just impossible to tell. I got my BFP 3 days before Af due.

Theresao999 Mon 02-Nov-15 16:12:55

I've been to get my bloods done everything came back perfect for me but my boyfriend went and had a fertility check and he has a low sperm count but the doctor said I could still get caught so I don't know what our next step is I was told Ivf but right now I don't have that sort of money and I just feel like there is other things we could try. We try for a baby every chance we get we even try let the sperm build for 1-2 days

BeauticianNotMagician81 Mon 02-Nov-15 16:18:31

Theresa If it's your first child you can get a shot at IVF funded on the NHS

BeauticianNotMagician81 Mon 02-Nov-15 16:20:00

Do you use opks so that you are hitting your most fertile times. Join one of the ttc threads. There are ladies on there that have been ttc for a long time and it's lovely to have the support. They helped me get through the past 13 months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now