Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy while breastfeeding.

(12 Posts)
MrsRobbStark Sat 31-Oct-15 23:32:23

I don't really know where to start because I'm freaking out a bit. My youngest is 18 months old and still breastfed. I've notice that for a while when he's been feeding in bed I've had stomach cramps so I googled it (stupid I know!) and it came up as a sign of pregnancy while breastfeeding. I don't know what to do. Well obviously I need to take a pregnancy test but I'm really freaking out. My DH and I aren't in a good position for another child but I genuinely don't think I could have a termination either. Please talk some sort of sense into me!

Junosmum Sat 31-Oct-15 23:46:52

Are you using contraception? You won't know until you test but I'd you are using contraception it is unlikely you'll be pregnant, but you never know. What ever happens, you will cope.

MrsRobbStark Sat 31-Oct-15 23:56:28

Tbh we haven't dtd much since ds2 was born and when we have we've used condoms except for one night a few weeks ago when we got carried away but I can't remember if the stomach aches started before then or not. It's all such a blur!

Artandco Sun 01-Nov-15 09:19:09

Of course. Ds2 was born when eldest was 15 months old, so pregnant from around 6 months after first baby who was solely breastfed at that point ( before solids introduced).
We did want to conceive though so I had stopped feeding overnight from 3 months

Artandco Sun 01-Nov-15 09:20:08

Oh and at 18 months breastfeeding does nothing against contraception as they are eating food with just small amounts of breastfeeding compared to a small baby

Whoknewitcouldbeso Sun 01-Nov-15 09:22:13

Don't freak out before you do a test.

Oysterbabe Sun 01-Nov-15 10:23:54

Just do a test.

goodnightdarthvader1 Sun 01-Nov-15 10:48:37

I'm going to repeat my go-to on threads like this: pee on your computer and we'll tell you if you're pregnant.

Seriously, or just sit there flapping and second guessing about it. Pretty sensible to go by the rule of "P in V means I could be pregnant" and just do a test.

I despair.

MrsRobbStark Mon 02-Nov-15 11:36:03

I'm not stupid goodnight I know how it all works. I was posting regarding the particular symptom incase anyone else had any other explanation for it. My periods haven't returned since having ds2 and I have no other reason to believe I'm pregnant.

MrsRobbStark Mon 02-Nov-15 11:37:19

Oh and I know breastfeeding is not a form of contraception. I've never relied on that, even in the early days.

Artandco Mon 02-Nov-15 12:52:38

I'm not quite sure what your question is then? Can you get pregnant when breastfeeding? yes. Can you get stomach cramp when pregnant? Yes.

goodnightdarthvader1 Mon 02-Nov-15 16:55:01

Uh-huh. Have you done a test yet?

Even if someone said "yes, it's likely that burrito you ate / the act of breastfeeding / angels tickling your insides" you wouldn't know until you did a test, would you? Because MN is not a doctor. Or an online a pregnancy test.

SMH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now