Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scared of another empty sac/blighted ovum

(4 Posts)
Chattycat78 Sat 31-Oct-15 21:04:56

Hi all,

Just that really. I got a bfp yesterday, but i can't really believe it because 2 years ago I had a scan at what I thought was 8 weeks to find an empty sac. I have had a successful pregnancy in between admitedly. However, I've been reading a book recently which basically talks about how most eggs are chromosomally abnormal (and im not young-36!) so I'm convinced that another dodgy egg has implantedsad. Am I being too pessimistic?

thegoldenlemon Sun 01-Nov-15 07:41:45

Chatty just offering a hand hold. This bit waiting for a viability scan is scary and time moves slowly. Can you let yourself have bits of the day where you feel excited about the possibility and bits where you have a fret? There is a really good chance that this is it and I'll be keeping everything crossed for you.

thegoldenlemon Sun 01-Nov-15 07:42:49

Oh and that you've had a successful pregnancy has to be a positive thing.

Chattycat78 Sun 01-Nov-15 08:36:24

Thanks- I appreciate the support. I'm naturally pessimistic and I guess I feel like I'm waiting for the catch! Tbh it's partially also because this was the first month of trying again/ last time took a long time and we ended up doing ivf so I thought it was going to be very difficult to achieve it again, which is why I can't quite believe it! I also feel a bit like I "know too much" if that makes sense- eg I know a positive test doesn't necesarily mean an embryo after last time.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now