Talk

Advanced search

Clothing stress

(5 Posts)
applesvpears Sat 31-Oct-15 19:30:33

I have just had a major stress trying to find something to wear (I am not even going out, just in chilling with boyfriend) I am 19 weeks and have a huge stomach. Clearly mostly fat (which is embarrassing when people are touching it thinking it is baby). I have put on over a stone in weight and was a small size 8/10 before. I love being pregnant but feel like an obese monster when I lookin the mirror. sad does anyone else feel like this?

TiggeryBear Sat 31-Oct-15 20:04:20

I feel exactly like this. I'm also 19wks. I was a size 12 before I got pregnant & now I just feel massively fat. I don't feel that I even look pregnant, just really, really fat despite having lost half a stone due to morning (all day!) sickness/nausea & actually noticing that I have a visible waist from behind!
I've resorted to wearing maternity jeans with my regular t-shirts (although I've just invested in some cheap tops from Primark in a bigger size) & a bigger stretchy jumper, when I'm slobbing on the sofa in my pjs.
Congratulations on your pregnancy by the way smile

Autumn2014 Sat 31-Oct-15 21:04:33

I've got Some yoga style pants for lounging in at home. They aren't pj's but just as comfy.try and not compare your self to pregnant celebrities, no one looks that perfect in real life!

NoArmaniNoPunani Sat 31-Oct-15 21:56:09

I've given up trying to look fashionable and bought maternity cargo pants from eBay

MummyBex1985 Sat 31-Oct-15 22:20:39

Why do you feel fat when it's all on your belly?

I put on three stone all over my body and was a size 8/10 before, I don't think you should feel fat. It's how you're meant to be! (I would have loved a proper bump but I ended up with bingo wings and a massive arse)

I would go and try on various styles until you find something that makes you feel comfortable. You just have to readjust to how you look flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now