Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Excited shopping just found out the sex!!

(5 Posts)
Frankie72 Sat 31-Oct-15 17:03:37

We have just found we are having a boy :-) very clear on the scan but obvs know there is always a risk smile

I know baby will stay in sleep suits and vest etc for the first few weeks but how many to get??

Don't want to go crazy crazy but at the same time really looking forward all the baby clothes grin

Pram etc have been thought about so that's not a worry!

Thanks guys xx

rageagainsttheBIL Sat 31-Oct-15 23:02:49

I would buy one nice outfit/sleep suit you love and then a multipack or two of some cheap vests and sleep suits - mothercare is good for this. We were given sooooo many gifts of clothes it was mental and DC struggled to wear them all tbh, also lots of hand me downs.

They puke/poo over a lot of it too so no point getting anything too fancy, and you won't know what size to get either until they're here.

rageagainsttheBIL Sat 31-Oct-15 23:03:14

Oh and congratulations!

lordStrange Sat 31-Oct-15 23:08:31

Brilliant. Really what rage said, it's quite simply to start. I liked having little leather slippers for going out, they won't be used for a good while but so cute to buy. Congratulations!

BathshebaDarkstone Sat 31-Oct-15 23:09:41

I had real trouble getting boy-coloured baby clothes when we found out the sex of DS2. He spent his first few months in white with me being asked constantly: "is it a boy or a girl?" Also, white isn't a very practical colour for baby clothes. They were horribly stained by the time he grew out of them.

Also, get some bigger sizes. DS2 was 9 lb 12 oz, he didn't fit into any of his newborn clothes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now