Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Feeling rough after flu jab.

(9 Posts)
ServingSuggestion Sat 31-Oct-15 06:22:40

Had flu jab yesterday morning and the possible side effects the nurse mentioned have hit me like a train. I feel SHITE thlconfused

I'm sure it will pass quickly, but it's not really what I need at 28 weeks. Better than flu though.

Anyone else react to the jab in this way?

toohardtothinkofaname Sat 31-Oct-15 09:07:16

hey Serving; the pharmacist who administered mine told me the flu jab isn't a live vaccine so unlikely to have given you a cold/flu. However, two days after having mine I got an ear infection which brought on a lovely case of shingles - DELIGHTFUL!

Thankfully it's the weekend so use it as a perfect excuse to stay in your pjs and have a couple of duvet days (unless this is DC2 ;) )

MaisieDotes Sat 31-Oct-15 09:09:47

Oh no. Hope you both feel better soon. I had mine on Thursday and am yet to get the side effects.

spacefrog35 Sat 31-Oct-15 09:15:21

No fluey effects although I was told to expect them but I have a horrible red, itchy, tender patch where the jab was given sad

Metalhead Sat 31-Oct-15 09:49:07

I felt pretty rough after mine too, had a terrible headache for about 3 days. Not fun but it should pass soon.

ServingSuggestion Sat 31-Oct-15 10:06:39

Thanks all. Sorry to hear others have been suffering as well thankscake

My arm is very sore too. But then I guess I'm lucky to have had the jab and not the flu, so I can't moan too much.

I am absolutely still in my PJs and contemplating my third cup of tea grin

ServingSuggestion Sat 31-Oct-15 10:08:01

toohard Yes this is DC2...and DS is choosing today to be a little shithead display his most 'challenging' behaviour hmm

feerouge Sat 31-Oct-15 10:55:27

I had swollen armpit on the arm where they did the flu jab for 2-3 days and a bit painful but that's all!

Mummytoabeaut1 Tue 03-Nov-15 13:45:09

I had my flu jab when I was 12 weeks pregnant and a day before Christmas Eve, can honestly say it had to be the worst Christmas ever. Look forward to the Christmas dinner all year, esp then when I had the excuse of "eating for two" aha couldn't eat a bloody thing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: