Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Newbie with pregnancy blues :(

(16 Posts)
MrsCrimshaw Fri 30-Oct-15 16:54:28

Hello everyone, I've joined Mumsnet hoping for some friendly words. I am 34+3 weeks and I'm so fed up with feeling crap all the time. I need to vent! I don't have any serious conditions with my pregnancy, but the constant low-level stuff is really getting me down. I've got constant backache, I'm not sleeping because I have out of control restless legs, I'm exhausted all the time and I feel like I've lost myself. It's been this way all the way through my pregnancy - not serious enough symptoms to require treatment, but no period of feeling lovely, glowing and happy either! I've reached a real low point today sad I'm getting really irritable with people saying "only x weeks to go!" because that won't make it come any quicker and I feel crap now. I'm not normally this much of a moany cow, just so you know ;)

NoArmaniNoPunani Fri 30-Oct-15 17:01:45

I sympathise. Pregnancy is really not all it's cracked up to be. I'm 32 weeks and totally fed up.

MrsCrimshaw Fri 30-Oct-15 17:07:09

I'm so glad you said that! I feel like I've been pregnant for YEARS. Worst thing is food - eveything gives me chronic heartburn and if I eat too much (like a normal sized dinner) I come over all faint. Oh and I burp all night too. Attractive!

nameschangerer Fri 30-Oct-15 17:09:13

You have my sympathy. Only about 8 weeks and I have serious pregnancy blues!

MrsCrimshaw Fri 30-Oct-15 17:36:41

Yup. I pride myself on being a very patient person, but we all have our limits. This is mine! And I can't even comfort eat to feel better!

FizzlePops Fri 30-Oct-15 17:56:46

I think its more normal than people say. I loathe being pg (currently 17 weeks).
I was desperate for another baby then when I got pregnant I thought what on earth am I putting myself through. I'm expecting twins this time and I'm dreading getting nearer the end for how uncomfortable ill be. Yoibhave my sympathies cake flowers

MrsCrimshaw Fri 30-Oct-15 18:22:14

Thanks fizziepops. I can't imagine what twins would be like. Best of luck! My friend said to me that I wasn't a very good advert for pregnancy. I told her it's just that no-one tells you it's actually rubbish! We're only in it for the end result lol.

Skiptonlass Fri 30-Oct-15 18:40:01

'Glowing' is a myth. Utter bollocks.

I puked. Lots. Every. Single. Day. Up to 12x a day. I puked before my bfp and I puked up until delivery.

I had spd, backache and such low blood pressure/sugar I felt constantly dizzy.

So for me, pregnancy was tough. I then found out I had placenta previa and vasa previa so ended up very stressed out and needing an early section.

You're not alone in not being a glowing earth mother. Be nice to yourself and rest all you can!

MrsCrimshaw Fri 30-Oct-15 18:55:59

Thanks Skiptonlass. I don't know anyone else who is pregnant so it's reassuring to hear other people are just as hacked off with it as me! I think whatever your symptoms, pregnancy is just one hard uphill slog from start to finish.

Barbarbarbarbarbaby Fri 30-Oct-15 19:11:19

39 weeks healthy healthy pregnancy. Yeah me!

But 33 weeks of nausea now joined with reflux. I have been over this for a while now. I cry every day and generally feel sorry for myself. I was such a positive person pre pregnancy.

One more person tells me this is almost over in person I slap them.

MrsCrimshaw Fri 30-Oct-15 19:28:24

Ooh yes that slap urge is one I get daily too! The heartburn and all-night burping after any food make me anxious about eating. I also am now hyper sensitive to gross things (I really wasn't squeamish before) - the other night my OH started talking about nemetode worms and I puked right there and then. Couldn't stop myself.
You know that saying about eating whatever you want for "the only time in your life"?? Utter crap!

NoArmaniNoPunani Fri 30-Oct-15 20:45:49

That glow they talk about - in my case it's rage.

Aus26 Fri 30-Oct-15 20:47:29

I'm also 17 weeks along with twins and this seriously blows! Morning sickness ending after the first trimester is the biggest lie I've ever heard, I am nauseous daily and I've been ill 3 of the last 5 days. I'm certain that as soon as the nausea goes I will instantly become giant and uncomfortable and the only thing that's stopping me from fully willing the end of my pregnancy is that I'm scared shitless how I'm going to manage with 2 babies at the end of it! Don't get me wrong I'm excited to start a family and feel incredibly blessed, especially with the gift of twins, but good god this isn't the glowing skin, serene, magical experience that some would lead you to believe.

MrsCrimshaw Fri 30-Oct-15 20:55:41

There's a tipping point though isn't there, where the feeling blessed about being PG doesn't quite outweigh the shitty side effects...

SoozeyHoozey Fri 30-Oct-15 21:23:51

Op I'm so miserable and I'm only 24 weeks! Feel like I've been pregnant for years! I find myself looking forward to labour, purely so I won't be preggo any more!

skankingpiglet Fri 30-Oct-15 21:40:23

flowers Pregnancy is crap. I had to have a serious talk with myself about doing it again (really want the baby, really don't want the 9 months of shittyness). I'm only 5wks in and already feel constantly nauseous, last time it lasted 4 1/2 months! I had no glows, and no glossy hair last time around. In fact the hormones caused the most horrendous amount of spots sad I spent the whole of the pregnancy with DD swigging Gaviscon straight out of the bottle like a wino. Then there was the restless legs, no sleep, and night-time dribbling! Argh! The only part I enjoyed was feeling the little kicks.
[Goes off to uncork the gin bottle and sniff the fumes to cheer herself up]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now