Talk

Advanced search

This can't be it can it?

(36 Posts)
Firsttimer101 Fri 30-Oct-15 04:28:46

Hi, I know everyone is asleep but I need a distraction... About an hour ago I think my waters might have started leaking/trickling. A couple of little gushes, then a steady trickle which has now calmed down.. Then when I wiped there was a definite pink tinge and a small blood blob. and now back in bed with period like pain.... I'm 36 weeks and saw the midwife on Wednesday and the baby wasn't even engagaged so surely this isn't IT? Everyone says you just know..... I wish these things came with clear instructions! hmm

KP86 Fri 30-Oct-15 04:34:04

Sounds like the beginning of labour to me!

Have you lost your plug yet?

Nottalotta Fri 30-Oct-15 04:34:17

I'm awake!! Feeding the baby. I can't be of much help as I had a c section, but it certainly sounds like things are getting started for you. I would phone your MW for advice in the morning. Good luck!

StarSpotter Fri 30-Oct-15 04:36:53

I'd ring the hospital. They usually like to see you if your waters have gone. Best to get their advice anyway. Good luck!

Firsttimer101 Fri 30-Oct-15 04:42:55

Yay so glad some of you are awake! Don't think I've lost my plug yet.. Uncomfortable though so going to get up, get a maternity pad on and make a cup of tea. DP fast asleep so will call the hospital in the morning and see what they think. Still don't want to believe it in case it ends up being nothing and I go 2 weeks over.....

CurlyLocks87 Fri 30-Oct-15 04:56:20

I'd give the hospital a ring, sounds like your waters and because your only 36 weeks you may need Steroids for babies lungs. Good lucksmile

BikeRunSki Fri 30-Oct-15 05:05:06

It does sound like the beginning of things. I'd ring the hospital now (at 37 weeks I went from 0 to fully dilated in only 7 hrs).,m

babyconverse Fri 30-Oct-15 05:11:48

I'd give the triage line a call - my waters went yesterday afternoon and they wanted me in for a quick check on me and baby and then sent me home to let the contractions ramp up - you'll probably have a triage line on your mat notes. Can't hurt to call

ppandj Fri 30-Oct-15 05:20:34

Morning
Definitely pop a pad on, when my waters went they told me to do that so I could see how quickly it saturated/what colour the water was. Give them a call now if you have a 24/7 number, they will likely advise you to go in in the morning smile. Good luck with everything x

DulcetMoans Fri 30-Oct-15 05:32:08

My labour began with a trickle of waters so could be. They trickled all day though, didn't stop. Are you still leaking? Defo pop a pad in as they sent a midwife to my house to check it was waters first thing.

OffMyAyersRocker Fri 30-Oct-15 05:44:19

Isn't the bloody blob your mucus plug?

Definitely call triage. Good luck!

Firsttimer101 Fri 30-Oct-15 05:58:27

Hello, still trickling and pinky tinged, doesn't smell 'wee-y', on and off period pains, just sat with the dog in the living room watching re runs of house doctor.... This is not what I imagined it would be like! The bloody blob was tiny and I've heard the actual plug is massive so I don't think that was it... Unless it's the start of it.... The triage line says on my notes it's open from 8am until 8pm and then if it's an emergency there's another number but I feel ok so don't think it's worth calling the emergency number?? Going to leave it until 8, maybe have a shower, attempt to shave my legs etc!

Iammad Fri 30-Oct-15 07:09:34

You really need to phone labour and delivery, your not quite term yet and even 36 weekers can struggle with breathing etc (sorry not to scare you)

ShowYourSeams Fri 30-Oct-15 07:26:48

Don't mean to panic you but call the hospital ASAP. I was induced at 36+5 due to pre-eclampsia, and since anything earlier than 37 weeks is classed as premature, I had to have steroids for their lungs. I'm sure your baby will be fine and they are just precautionary, but best to get them if the hospital think you need them.
Good luck

Dixiechick17 Fri 30-Oct-15 07:38:16

As others said, you need to call the hospital as your are not yet term, and they'll probably want to see you. Good luck smile

Firsttimer101 Fri 30-Oct-15 07:43:05

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I've called and I'm going in. Wish me luck!! smile

YouMakeMyDreams Fri 30-Oct-15 07:58:55

Glad you phoned.
Good luck flowers

ppandj Fri 30-Oct-15 08:01:06

Good luck!

StarSpotter Fri 30-Oct-15 08:04:49

Great. Good luck!

RugbyWidow7 Fri 30-Oct-15 08:06:17

Good luck!

CoffeeAndOranges Fri 30-Oct-15 08:10:41

All the best - and I can't believe they are still showing House Doctor!!!!

BastardGoDarkly Fri 30-Oct-15 08:14:07

Eeeep!! Good luck smile

Iammad Fri 30-Oct-15 09:55:37

Good luck, hope to read you have had baby soon smile

babyconverse Fri 30-Oct-15 10:11:15

Bit late now but good luck and hope all is well

j0j080 Fri 30-Oct-15 10:24:54

Oh good luck, I'm in the same boat, woke up to my waters going with a giant pop and gush last night just after midnight, there was no mistaking it! I've been kept in and am now on a countdown to induction of things don't get moving in their own, I'm 35 weeks :-( hope things are going well for you OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now