Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Kicking painful?

(4 Posts)
soontobemrslizzy Thu 29-Oct-15 17:06:53

I've been trying to get through to my midwife but they won't answer so I'm hoping you guys can help me out! Last night (I'm 19.5 weeks) I felt actual kicks for the first time (yay!!). But since last night I've also felt some odd pains - it's not like cramps or ligament pain, it's really short (less than a second), sharp pains and they seem to move all over my lower abdomen. I was wondering if this was baby moving or sitting in weird places (or poking me?) - it seems tied to the kicking since I've never noticed it before! What do you guys think? Should I be worried?

Panther79 Thu 29-Oct-15 17:14:10

I was going to post the exact thing!
I am 23 weeks and felt the same way last night, I panicked and thought something is wrong.

Sorry, I am not much of a help.

Hopefully, someone wise will come along soon!

soontobemrslizzy Thu 29-Oct-15 17:17:41

Panther, I finally got through! I tried the labour and delivery ward, figuring they would answer, and they did. The midwife said it's just baby sitting on a nerve or poking, etc, and not to worry as long as it's not prolonged pain and there is no bleeding. She didn't even hesitate, she was very sure it was baby, so that's good enough for me! I guess that's good news for us both, we've got active little ones! It is a relief, I've got a number for my midwives and they are always either busy or go straight to voicemail! It's so annoying!

Panther79 Fri 30-Oct-15 11:06:55

I am so pleased you got through the midwife!
Reassuring to know it's nothing to worry about.
YES it's good news for both of us!

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now