Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

winter wedding at 20 weeks, wardrobe help!

(8 Posts)
kd83 Thu 29-Oct-15 14:52:28

So I will be attending a wedding and a christening (as godmother) in January when I will be around 4-5 months pregnant with DC2.

Do I bite the bullet and go for a fancy maternity dress (currently on sale), or do I try to squeeze into something I already have or something normal that I could continue to use post preg? The problem is I don't really know how big I'll be then, but as its no 2 (and based on the amount I'm currently eating) I'm guessing the size of a house, so maybe full on mat wear is the only way forward!

Help please!!

Autumn2014 Thu 29-Oct-15 15:33:35

I'm going to a black tie do when I'm 20 weeks. I've decided to go with maternity occasion dress. I'm 13 weeks now with our second and having to wear maternity jeans for comfort and my books have grown so much and my rib cage expanded that even normal tops that are cut empire style don't quite fit properly, so expect to have a proper bump by then and will embrace my shape. Id rather have a dress that flatters my shape and then there is no ambiguity that I'm pregnant, than people wonder if it's just a big dinner! I think I'll try and sell it on as this will be our last. I've also got a nice black lace maternity skirt that I plan on making use of during the Christmas period with different tops and accessories like necklaces, for family meals and if I'm lucky enough to go to a party etc. So I'm sure that you will get the use out of one or two special occasion maternity wear. I'm quite looking forward to being pregnant over the festive period, my last pregnancy was over the summer so this is all new to me!

Autumn2014 Thu 29-Oct-15 15:34:22

*boobs

rageagainsttheBIL Thu 29-Oct-15 21:05:08

I'm 21 weeks with dc2 and mat clothes are still too baggy on the bump for me really. I'd rather go for something I can wear after, maybe something in this sort of style which is fitted below boobs but looser on lower abdomen...

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Closet+Cross+Over+Tulip+Dress/222016231,default,pd.html&$$ja=cgid:8742982555%7Ctsid:44970%7Ccid:176424355%7Clid:92878389475%7Cnw:g%7Ccrid:53048072395%7Crnd:4238365406630185379%7Cdvc:t%7Cadp:1o1%7Cmt:%7Cbku:1

Solongtoshort Thu 29-Oct-15 21:36:01

When my sister was pregnant over Christmas she wore a velvet wine coloured stretchy dress, it looked beautiful with her accessories, she still wears it now and then, she must of been about 20 weeks, when I was pregnant over Christmas I was like 12 weeks and in my normal clothes.

JellyBaby26 Fri 30-Oct-15 03:23:14

At 20 weeks last time I could have easily worn a non maternity dress. I'd hold off buying anything until closer to the time if you can or you could end up spending unnecessary pounds of a fancy maternity dress you don't need

Autumn2014 Fri 30-Oct-15 08:25:08

Just me that's a fatty then? In fairness I wasn't in maternity clothes at 20 weeks and even at 24 weeks I was still managing with elasticated waistbands with my first but I'm a different shape and size this time round so going for a grecian style dress for my black tie do, in maternity wear, although the right dress in non maternity might work still. Stretchy and clingy wouldn't flatter me!

kd83 Mon 02-Nov-15 14:28:43

Thanks ladies,

I also didnt need mat wear at that stage in my pregnancy last time, but just have a feeling I'm going to be bigger this time - my ass already is sad

Might hold off until the Jan sales and see whats available then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now