Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

My fat face

(8 Posts)
BlueBananas Thu 29-Oct-15 09:36:01

I'm 39+1 and possibly a little bit hormonal this morning, but can I jut have a whinge about my big fat face?!
I just don't look like me anymore, I literally look like I've been pumped up with a balloon pump, my cheeks are huge, my jaw has become one with my neck, my eyes have all but disappeared, I just don't know who this person is in the mirror!
I'm trying to get ready but no matter how I do my hair and make up I still don't look like me!

And let's not even discuss the fact that my feet are so big I can't get shoes on and I can't get certain clothes over my hands anymore!

Baby, I'm very glad you like it in my womb and you're clearly nice and comfy in there but GTFO now please!

Tootsiepops Thu 29-Oct-15 09:41:20

I'm coming on 37 weeks and I've served the eviction notice. I need my body back.

scrivette Thu 29-Oct-15 09:51:07

Oh I remember see that feeling well, I felt exactly like I had been pumped up with a pump!

The puffiness went pretty much as soon as I had the baby but my ankles are still a bit puffy 14 weeks later - ahhh!

Hopefully you don't have too long left.

BlueBananas Thu 29-Oct-15 10:37:08

My youngest is 4 and this pregnancy is throwing up lots of joyous things I'd forgotten about, like this Michelin man shit!

Ahh I truly truly hate being pregnant! If only babies weren't so damn cute!

Autumn2014 Thu 29-Oct-15 11:17:03

Is this sudden swelling in your face? What's your bp like? Have you had it checked recently? Gentle reminder that sudden swelling in the face can be an indication of pre eclampsia.

Autumn2014 Fri 30-Oct-15 08:26:43

Bump

BlueBananas Fri 30-Oct-15 09:14:08

Thanks Autumn I hadn't seen your first reply, the swelling has all happened within the last 4/5 weeks or so, my face has just been the last to go
This pregnancy is 'high risk' so I'm having weekly midwife appointments now and my blood pressure is checked each time and not flagging up any concerns
Pre- eclampsia did cross my mind too tbh, unfortunately I think it's just too many cakes cake blush

Autumn2014 Fri 30-Oct-15 09:17:34

Thanks for replying. I'd have regretted not mentioning it as unfortunately I speak from experience. Glad to hear you have a consistent care plan in place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now