Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Raging anger is making me worry

(7 Posts)
sian1992 Wed 28-Oct-15 19:39:08

Hello, I just wanted to ask anyone out there who has had the same experience but just lately when I get angry I'm angrier than ever before, I'm uncontrollable and my heart races like crazy which is really starting to make me worry.
I know it's well known to get angry in pregnancy but I just feel I'm a little over the top. I'm 15 weeks pregnant today and I just want to enjoy it and for my baby to be safe. Am I doing any damage? Please help somebody?

Asteria36 Wed 28-Oct-15 19:43:16

The pregnancy hormones are a real treat aren't they! Have you tried meditating? You don't need to go completely woo about it, there are loads of mindfulness apps more than likely pregnancy ones too. It will really help you control any rages in future.

DannyFishcharge Wed 28-Oct-15 19:44:39

I'm exactly the same! Wasn't like this in my first pregnancy. I really don't think it'll be doing any harm. I'm 22 weeks and baby seems fine.

sian1992 Wed 28-Oct-15 20:31:31

Thankyou for the advice I haven't tried anything to calm my anger but might try the apps. I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets that angry. It's just a scary feeling that once you have calmed down you realise how much you have overreacted

Willow123707 Wed 28-Oct-15 22:27:29

Try not to worry. I hate to say but when I was pregnant I lost my cool big time on a number of occasions. One memorable time was with a stupid chav who walked in front if my car, I nearly ran him over. I lost it big time. screamed, roared, my heart was absolutely racing, I was shaking and it took me ages to calm down. This happened about 15 times throughout pregnancy for various reasons. I really tried to avoid it but I guess hormones made my mood worse. Anyway my 12 week old is healthy and very happy. Bottom line is I don't think it is great for your baby for its mum to be going through such high emotion and adrenaline so try to stay calm, but your body and baby can tolerate a lot. Just ensure your blood pressure isn't high.

Cholland848 Sat 31-Oct-15 08:58:32

I had a lot of rage and it was uncontrollable, not sure when it started but turns out it was very high BP, not pre-eclampsia thankfully but can still be very dangerous. I would say to look out for other signs of high BP such as blurry vision or spots/ hairs/ bubbles in vision, headaches and any swelling of hands feet or face when you get the rage, if you have any of these signs I would say get checked out to be on the safe side, if not could just be pain in the ass hormones x I was put on BP meds and Been okay since.

goodnightdarthvader1 Sun 01-Nov-15 13:33:49

I had that too, it calmed down by about 20 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now