Talk

Advanced search

16 + 3 and not feeling pregnant

(14 Posts)
JaneS16 Wed 28-Oct-15 17:21:22

Hi all
I don't know if this is normal or I'm just panicking but I don't feel pregnant all of a sudden. All my sickness has gone which is great but I still had the odd pains which I put down to "stretching and growing" but since yesterday I've had nothing. Now I know I shouldn't be moaning but they were the only things that were making me feel like I was pregnant. I get that it's too early to feel movement and it is a bit to early to show as I am a little bit "bigger". I have to wait till the 6th Nov for a midwife appointment and till the 24th Nov for my 20 week scan. My midwife only works once a week so I can't really get an appointment before then as she's always booked up.
Advice from anyone who feels this way would be great. Should I be worried or am I just causing myself unwanted stress.
Thanks ladies x

Agent160 Wed 28-Oct-15 17:34:48

Hi, I'm sure some posters with more experience than me will come along. But just wanted to say I'm the same - I'm 16 weeks today and don't 'feel' pregnant. I'm not overly concerned because I haven't felt pregnant for a couple of weeks now and I had an appointment with my midwife last week and she could hear the baby's heartbeat then. Even as I was listening to the heartbeat I couldn't believe it was coming from inside me!

GlasgowPingu Wed 28-Oct-15 17:55:59

I really wouldn't worry. I'm 19 weeks and the only sign or symptom of pregnancy that I've experienced is my breasts increasing in size. I didn't have any nausea or vomiting, have no visible bump and haven't felt any movements. However scans have been fine and heard the heartbeat last week smile

Youremywifenow Wed 28-Oct-15 18:06:42

Feeling exactly the same here, sickness stopped and not feeling movement yet. It's an odd in between stage where you think you have imagined the whole thing. Until I look in the mirror, as I'm fucking massive

CaptainKit Wed 28-Oct-15 18:13:12

I didn't really have any sickness in the 1st trimester, so spent a lot of days wondering if it was possible that I wasn't actually pregnant, even despite having had scans at 8 and 12 weeks.

My 16-18 week Midwife appointment had the unexpected bonus of a doppler scan thing, so even though I didn't see the baby I did get to hear a heartbeat, which made the wait for the 20 week scan much easier. I didn't start feeling anything until about 22 weeks, and even now I'm at 24+2 I still have moments of looking in the mirror and thinking that I just look fat rather than properly pregnant, even though the symptoms now are more convincing than they were 8 weeks ago.

I don't think I'll be convinced until I'm properly huge and permanently uncomfortable!

You've got 9 days to get through until you see the MW. 9 horribly long days, but just remember as long as there's no stabby pain, and no bleeding, things are probably progressing quite normally. If you're concerned then call your midwife, or your GP to see who you could talk to.

neh205 Wed 28-Oct-15 19:14:41

Hello

I wasn't feeling pregnant for a long while either - especially around the sixteen week mark. However, I'm at nineteen weeks now and have just got to the point where I need to buy some maternity clothes as a bump is just materialising! In the last few days I've also just felt first flutters of movement too.

Desperate to get to 20 week scan now but trying to enjoy each new moment and avoid worrying too much!

I'm sure you'll start feeling more pregnant soon but do keep in touch with midwife if you need to - it's what she's there for smile

FizzlePops Wed 28-Oct-15 19:19:45

Its perfectly normal, enjoy it while it lasts because the third trimester is hard going. Its unlikely the midwife will have any concerns either. Just had my 16 week appt and I was in and out.

Champagneformyrealfriends Wed 28-Oct-15 19:32:17

I'm exactly the same as you! 16+3-I'm just big but I don't feel sick and my boobs don't hurt. Still getting the stretching too. I can feel little jumpy feelings that I think might be flutters but that's about it tbh. Try not to worry xxxx

ApplesTheHare Wed 28-Oct-15 19:33:22

I remember feeling exactly the same at exactly the same point, and believe from taking to friends that it's very common. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy flowers

Willow123707 Wed 28-Oct-15 22:18:56

I wouldn't worry. A lot of the symptoms you get with pregnancy are in the early stages, such as cramping, sore boobs, dizziness etc. My LO is 12 weeks. I can remember having no symptoms at all until 6 weeks, then unbelievable sickness started, as soon as I turned 16 weeks it stopped just like that, it ws my only symptom. I suddenly got a huge appetite and felt great. I remember thinking the same, that I didn't feel pregnant. Just try to relax and stay positive I'm sure everything is fine.

I did buy a Doppler at 12 weeks as my hospital play you your babys heart beat for some reason due to policy and I really wanted to hear my baby's heart beat. The Doppler provided great reassurance before I started to feel baby move, although midwives hate them and tell you not to use them because they say people often listen to their own heart beat. It's pretty obvious which ones which though, defo worth getting!

PurplePoppy17 Fri 30-Oct-15 21:04:40

I'm the same really, I'm 16+2 and just look overly bloated. My sickness and headaches ect have gone.... Thankfully! But now I'm covered in big red spots and itching from head to toe. My skin has lost the plot and it's driving me mad. I've had all sorts from the chemist and feel like I'm a complete piner bit I'm in constant 'itching pain'. To strangers I must just look like a chubby teenage spotty mess. I'm 23 and look about 15 as I can't wear make up. blush happy days!

JellyBaby26 Sat 31-Oct-15 09:34:09

I didn't feel pregnant from about 14 - 28 weeks . It's pretty normal and yes enjoy it as if you were like me you will feel as big and as dainty as a house boat towards the end!

Iammad Sat 31-Oct-15 13:38:42

With my first I wouldn't even realise I was pregnant, it was just him kicking (even that didn't start until after 21 weeks).
I didn't even really have much of a bump throughtout.
With this one (baby 6) I'm 28 weeks and I've felt sick until around 21 weeks so this is completely different.
All pregnancys are different, I guess your going through the (honeymoon period) where your sposed to feel at your best.
But if your really worried it won't hurt to speak to a midwife.

ValancyJane Sat 31-Oct-15 15:18:18

I felt like this around week 15/16 after my morning sickness had worn off. I didn't really 'feel pregnant' until around week 19/20 when I started to feel some little movements and had my scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now