Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PGP?

(4 Posts)
toohardtothinkofaname Wed 28-Oct-15 16:46:06

I'm 31 weeks on Saturday & since yesterday I've had a pain in my groin that I think might be pelvic girdle pain but not due to see mw until next week.

The pain runs either side of my bits, kind of like if my knickers were too tight & chafing. It gets worse when I'm on one leg & later on in the day.

Thoughts?

BettyBi0 Thu 29-Oct-15 11:30:15

Have you tried a support belt? Referrals to pregnancy physio can take ages to come through so if I was you I'd try and sort a referral over the phone if you have to wait to see MW. Try not to get fobbed off with "aches and pains in pregnancy is all normal" as if it is PGP it can get really sore and debilitating at the end. Best to get properly assessed

MamaDuckling Fri 30-Oct-15 22:53:03

I was referred at 26 weeks but appointment was booked for over a month later! I went private and they prescribed a v simple tubi grip, doubled over the bump, with a tripled section across hips and pelvis. It has absolutely helped... NHS appointments for physio are a nightmare unfortunately. I think a private assessment was about £100 and then £5 for the tubi grips. I've not had to go back though, so money well spent.

toohardtothinkofaname Sat 31-Oct-15 08:53:26

thanks guys. I've been doing a bit of walking, stretching & using my ball this week and it's eased slightly. Going to keep it up and see how I get on smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now