Talk

Advanced search

What did first feral movements feel like for you?

(7 Posts)
Gingerlady123 Wed 28-Oct-15 13:27:20

I am 19+4 with an anterior placenta expecting #1.
The last few days I've been getting some noticeable sensations very low down and in the same place all the time (exactly the place I find the heartbeat on my Doppler as well)
Last night when I was lying on my left hand side I felt a series of of sensations. It's really hard to describe but I've never felt it before and it kinda feels like being poked or a pop inside of me. I feel it's to good to be true and worried it's not baby as I thought being my first and with an anterior placenta I'd be well over 20 weeks before I felt anything. I am a size eight and slim which I heard can make it easier but I'm not sure if theirs any truth to that. Today she has been quite active I think and I have felt a few things on the bus this morning and sitting at work and eating my lunch I felt one as well. It's really weird but I can't get excited in case it's not baby.

sleepwhenidie Wed 28-Oct-15 13:29:20

It probably is baby but grin at your thread title...maybe its actually a wolf grin?

lemon101 Wed 28-Oct-15 13:33:01

it is really difficult when you get the first few sensations - there are a good couple of weeks where you aren't sure. The first time I felt something it was a like a fish flopping over in my stomach and then nothing for a few weeks and then little pokes like you describe.

Me624 Wed 28-Oct-15 14:02:37

Hi Ginger I'm 21+5 with an anterior placenta and have been feeling a bit of movement for the last week. It hasn't at all been like the flutters or bubbles that others have described but more like what you've said - like being poked very gently from the inside. It's only happening a few times a day for me at the moment.

Brummiegirl15 Wed 28-Oct-15 14:06:52

I have an anterior placenta and didn't really feel much until about 22 weeks - I'm now 26 weeks and she doesn't stop!

Lweji Wed 28-Oct-15 14:09:59

When you gasp, then you know you're being kicked.

<helpful>

More seriously, at the beginning it can be very difficult to be sure, so I wouldn't worry or think too much of it. At some point you will know it's a proper kick (head butting, who knows...)

babyconverse Thu 29-Oct-15 07:54:11

Very difficult to be sure at first. I have an anterior placenta and am not particularly small (or large) and in retrospect was feeling movements from early on but it was 20 weeks or 21 weeks or so before husband could feel them on my tummy (so they were obvious iyswim)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now