Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Strange things that morning sickness does to you.

(18 Posts)
kinkytoes Wed 28-Oct-15 09:04:54

I think (hope) I'm over the worst now but I'm left with a few strange hangovers.

I bought toddler ds some toys in the early days of pregnancy just before I started to get ill. Now when I see/hear them I feel sick all over again! Really hate them, would like to get rid but think it's not really fair on him.

Also I have long hair which I usually love but it's really been grossing me out the last few weeks and I'm planning to get a few inches cut off.

Has anyone else had odd reactions like this?

FizzlePops Wed 28-Oct-15 09:19:36

Yes, anything I watched on tv when I was in the early days I didn't want to watch anymore as I would associate it with being ill. DH was most annoyed not to watch the rest of Dexter and suits haha.

GizzyBoo Wed 28-Oct-15 09:57:49

Yes! Dh bought me a cd when I was in hospital with hyperemesis 13 years ago. I listened to it lots. I still can't listen to it now without getting that wave of nausea!

Chloeisobelle21 Wed 28-Oct-15 15:21:16

I have long hair too and I want to chop it all off right now. To be honest I hate everything at the moment, I'm one of those angry pregnant women. I hope it soon passes. I have no patience for anything and everything makes me feel sick. Even looking at a tub of water if I run a bath for my DD argh horrible!

Thurlow Wed 28-Oct-15 15:27:03

I think about our old flat where I went through the worst of the morning sickness and it makes me feel sick. Slightly worried about how that will work in our current house, as we're not moving afterwards!

Ditto, at work I used to go to the shower room to be sick as it was the most private place. Had horrible nausea flashbacks when I went back down there.

Mouthfulofquiz Wed 28-Oct-15 15:29:47

I have perfumes that I can't use now because I associate them with long term nausea. I have a horrid feeling that I will forever associate marmite on toast with the nausea this time, as it's all I ate for about 8 weeks...

E11Chick Wed 28-Oct-15 15:44:26

Mouthfulofquiz.....my current saviour in the mornings is marmite on toast. I hope I don't end up hating it as I've always loved it!

kinkytoes Wed 28-Oct-15 16:46:20

These are amazing, thanks for sharing. Glad it's not just me!

Thurlow, worrying that just a thought of a memory can trigger that feeling shock hopefully with time that will pass. Maybe your sickness won't be as bad second time around and you won't have those feelings in your current place? <crosses fingers>

Chloe are you going to cut your hair too? I can't believe how much mine is annoying me!

Seeline Wed 28-Oct-15 16:48:20

14 ears on and I still gag when I clean my teeth. I was fine before I had 4 months of 24/7 morning sickness.

Seeline Wed 28-Oct-15 16:48:36

years - not ears grin

Mouthfulofquiz Wed 28-Oct-15 18:07:30

E11 I know. I think that my baby will smell of the stuff by the time it's born - I've eaten so much of it!! (I think I'm averaging about 6 slices a day at the moment...)

Chloeisobelle21 Wed 28-Oct-15 18:14:52

I want to cut it but I know I'll regret it! wink

ShowYourSeams Wed 28-Oct-15 19:48:39

I cut all of the tags out of all of my clothes because the feel of them against my skin made me gag.

E11Chick Wed 28-Oct-15 20:20:07

I'm only on 2 slices every morning at the moment but I have a feeling it may increase as the nausea has been steadily getting worse. I've almost run out so it's top of my shopping list!

WineCheeseSleep Wed 28-Oct-15 20:32:21

I had the worst of my morning sickness last time when the 2012 Olympics was on. When I see clips of it it takes me straight back and I get that weird feeling and taste in my mouth all over again!

Heavenscent86 Wed 28-Oct-15 20:32:53

I haven't eaten Black Forest gateau or anything that reminds me of it since my first pregnancy 8 years ago! This time round I am so much worse with the sickness. Having a shower makes me feel sick and I can no longer read a book lol. I live on cheese at the moment. 17 weeks now - I have to be better soon.

Alb1 Wed 28-Oct-15 20:38:39

I was in the French Alps when my morning sickness kicked in with DS, I genuinely haven't been able to look at a baguette in the same way since, and now that I'm pregnant again even thinking about France gives me waves of nausea, I can't look at holiday pics, it's so strange!

kinkytoes Mon 02-Nov-15 20:10:12

Just thought of another. I've tried two differently scented bathroom air fresheners since becoming pregnant. Couldn't stand either of them so have given up. Turns out I prefer 'eau de bathroom' confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: