Talk

Advanced search

Could my babies life be on the line?

(6 Posts)
CouncilJuice Tue 27-Oct-15 22:34:14

Hello, I am currently showing up as 3+ weeks pregnant on a ClearBlue pregnancy test, which means I must be at least 5+ weeks pregnant.

2 weeks ago I had a Mirena Coil fitted, meaning I didn't fall pregnant on the coil, and I conceived before I had it fitted.

Would having the coil fitted AFTER conception cause more problems than falling pregnant with a coil in place?

My GP didn't take a pregnancy test before I had it fitted, and I very stupidly didn't question why.

Thank you.

babyblues19 Tue 27-Oct-15 22:55:25

Hey there, didn't want to read and run!, I understand your worry and I'd suggest going to your gp tomorrow to put your mind at rest as the stress and worrying is no good for you right now. I doubt it would affect pregnancy but its definitely worth checking out! Its a disgrace your gp didn't take a test, that's necessary for all types of birth control!

Skiptonlass Wed 28-Oct-15 07:46:41

You need to see your gp immediately

DinoSnores Wed 28-Oct-15 08:16:20

Before you descend into unwarranted GP bashing, babyblues19, a pregnancy test 2 weeks ago, presumably 1 week after conception based on the OP's dates, would not have shown anything.

Also, it is not routine to always do a pregnancy test before giving out contraception. Don't we read plenty here about how insulting it is if medical professionals do not believe women about whether they could be pregnant or not.

counciljuice, you need to see a GP today. Hope things work out for you whichever way you'd like.

ValancyJane Wed 28-Oct-15 08:41:05

I don't know anything about this, but I second the advice that you must see a GP today. If you struggle to get an appointment, tell the receptionist what the issue is, I've found that since being pregnant they will fit me in same day at very short notice when I've needed it.

AuntieStella Wed 28-Oct-15 08:47:12

Yes, go to a GP today.

As noted above if the dates are accurate, you wouldn't have tested positive at time of fitting anyhow. (And "Don't we read plenty here about how insulting it is if medical professionals do not believe women about whether they could be pregnant or not." is definitely something I've seen as well).

The main thing now is to get it sorted out. Coils can be removed leaving a continuing pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now