Talk

Advanced search

piles in pregnancy

(4 Posts)
PurplePoppy17 Tue 27-Oct-15 19:14:45

Anyone ever had piles in early pregnancy? Internal piles? I'm only 16 weeks and I'm in agony!! sad I suffer from IBS which is the main cause, any tips for how to put up with them? How bad can they get?

Onthepigsback Wed 28-Oct-15 23:37:22

So so bad. Mine led to 2 fissures in my first pregnancy and 2 pregnancies later I am still doing battle at times. Get them sorted ASAP. I always instantly go to the gp for some anusol suppositories. They seem to work fastest. But do take as much care as you can. Drink lots and eat lots of fibre.

PurplePoppy17 Fri 30-Oct-15 20:57:59

Thank you for your reply. I'm really struggling. Just so so sore just now. I know it's going to get worse. I went to my gp and she basically told me it will 'run its course' and there isn't much they can give me for it. Not amused. I'll phone on Monday and try get a different doctor. I'm feeling so sorry for myself and my poor OH is bound to be getting fed up of my moaning by now. sad

MamaDuckling Fri 30-Oct-15 22:24:37

Absolutely do not take no for an answer from your doc... Over the counter anusol won't even touch it, you need the prescription stuff with anaesthetic in it.

I had internal piles around 18 weeks, used the prescribed cream for a few days and I was a new woman. Get on the phone first thing tomorrow for an appointment.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now