Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Veet - is it safe when pregnant?

(12 Posts)
cloudjumper Tue 27-Oct-15 18:02:39

My skin has become really sensitive to waxing recently, to the point that it comes off shock
I'm desperate to tidy up my lady garden, so I'm wondering if I can use de-H airing products? I'm 30+4, so well into the last trimester. Any advice?

Solongtoshort Tue 27-Oct-15 18:14:31

Oh intrested here too.

Brummiegirl15 Tue 27-Oct-15 18:22:27

I've used it. confused

As far as I'm aware it's ok, I think they aren't keen on waxing just before you give birth - maybe to do with infection. But I could've made that up!!

Brummiegirl15 Tue 27-Oct-15 18:24:53

I lied about the waxing (good old google) it's only because you are more sensitive it's not advised. But you can't not do it!

ODog Tue 27-Oct-15 20:11:41

I've used it. Safer than wielding blades where you can no long see.

chandelierswinger Tue 27-Oct-15 20:15:56

Like you, I was rather more sensitive in pregnancy. I got DH to use hair removal cream on me in late pregnancy and it did not end well. Not only did I react to it really badly (v v swollen bits!), I also had a patchy garden and the added embarrassment of knowing I couldn't actually see how bad it was!!

babyconverse Tue 27-Oct-15 20:22:38

I've had no problems with it - and I'm with the poster above who prefers not to get the razors out when you can't see! I'd try a patch test first through - particularly if your skin is already sensitive

Wynsey Tue 27-Oct-15 22:10:19

I've been using that Veet Sensitive. Found it great. U just need to leave it on longer than they say and scrape it off in the shower.

villainousbroodmare Tue 27-Oct-15 22:16:21

I Veeted just before going in to be induced. I'd kinda forgotten what vile and vicious stuff it is. It burned and hurt nearly as much as the contractions. Apparently while puking with pain following induction, I told DH that there were two things I was never letting near me again, and one of them was Veet! blush

cloudjumper Tue 27-Oct-15 22:17:55

So the chemicals are ok? That would be such a relief! No way I'm letting DH loose with a razor down there! But it's really getting ridiculous, the increased hair growth does not only happen on my head. Will give it a go, thanks all.

newbian Wed 28-Oct-15 01:36:40

I hope so as I'm having ELCS and if I don't remove some hair myself they'll shave me in the hospital. shock I'm planning to have DH help me Veet beforehand.

ServingSuggestion Wed 28-Oct-15 05:10:45

Do a patch test beforehand. This is always advised as skin is more sensitive during pregnancy. I've used it loads and been fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now