Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Prams - can anyone recommend

(4 Posts)
suffolkblonde Tue 27-Oct-15 16:18:24

Hi all,

I'm expecting my first baby and am looking into which pram/pushchair to buy. There's just so much choice and I have no idea where to start!

I'm looking for something suitable for newborns that is quite compact (needs to fit in smallish flat/car). Friends have told me to get one with big wheels to make it easier to lift up kerbs etc but that's all the advice I've had so far.

If you have a pram/pushchair that you love and would recommend, please let me know. Ideally I'd like to keep budget to around £450 but would consider paying more for quality, as I'm likely to use it again for another child.

Thanks!

BreeVDKamp Tue 27-Oct-15 16:19:53

Hi, we have the oyster max. We're only 5 months in but it's brilliant so far, very sturdy and yes big wheels! Can't remember how much, sorry, but got car seat, carrycot, pushchair seat all included.

Artandco Tue 27-Oct-15 16:21:42

Compact - babyzen yoyo 0+. Doesn't have big wheels but it's easy to get up and down curbs ( you only need big wheels for off-road really).

Jeffreythegiraffe Tue 27-Oct-15 20:28:33

The best thing to do is work out what needs you have out of a pram and then go to a big shop and play with them. Are you in a city or off roaring for example.

Big wheels won't fit in a small car without taking up most of your boot, and you may have to take them off to get them in a car. You can get up kerbs perfectly well without them.

We have a bugaboo bee, it's light weight, is front and rear facing, has height adjustable handles (useful as my DH is much taller than me), good sized basket, has one handle which means you can push it one handed (don't underestimate the usefulness of this when you have a toddler who wants to walk) and I can still use it for my 3 year old where as most people have swapped their pram for a Maclaren by then. The latest version has a carrycot, we had the cocoon. I love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now