Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding at 8 weeks pregnant

(13 Posts)
Nicoleholly1471 Tue 27-Oct-15 13:17:54

Hi I'm Nicole I'm 20 this is my second pregnancy all was fine with my son who is now 4 smile but I'm 8 weeks and on Sunday afternoon I went to the toilet and they was brown sticky discharge but blood stained darkish I panicked as you do and rang nhs they told me not to worry unless I started passing clots and really bad pain they have booked me a scan for tomorrow but the bleeding turned redish on Saturday the next day I am still bleeding now but it's not filling pads it's mainly when I use the bathroom and wipe I mainly see all the blood only bits of it on the bad I have not had any pains cramps or anything I am really going out of my mind the last thing I want to happen is to lose the baby just hoping someone else could give me some kind of reassurance that this doesn't mean it will be something bad I am expecting the worse tomorrow to prepare myself just hope alls ok and would be lovely to chat with someone in the same boat or similar confused

E11Chick Tue 27-Oct-15 13:21:56

Hi Nicole, I am 7 weeks and had some brown discharge last week, no pain. We went for a scan a couple of days later and all was fine and we saw a little heartbeat.

Very difficult but I would say try not to stress to much.....I'm one to talk though I was worried right up until we were shown the heartbeat.

I was told the symptoms can be very normal for some people too which made me feel so much better.

I hope the scan goes well x

Nicoleholly1471 Tue 27-Oct-15 13:26:08

Aw that's good to know the outcome is not always bad, I'm just a born worrier it's really hard trying to stay positive, but I guess all my answers will be confirmed tomorrow thank you Hun x

Whiskers10439 Tue 27-Oct-15 17:38:18

I had exactly the same thing last week. I'm 9 weeks now. Woke up and had pinkish/brown bleeding when wiping. After checking online mostly read it's nothing to worry about if not strong/clotting or accompanied by pain. I was still really upset and DH called the gynecologist who told us to come in to be safe. We went and had a scan and everything is absolutely fine. That was our first trip to the drs and we were so relieved! Now we know we have a healthy little baby with a heartbeat.
The dr said it's normal to have some bleeding, but that it's understandable to worry and that you should always let your doctor know if you bleed and book an appointment. He told us to avoid having sex for a few weeks, as this can often cause bleeding when everything is a bit sensitive anyway.
Good luck for tomorrow! X

redstrawberries101 Tue 17-Nov-15 21:02:32

Hi !

Just wondering how you are all getting on? I am only 5 weeks 2 days but had some brown discharge followed by red watery blood when wiping.. Totally panicked. Phoned doctor who asked me to call the hospital. They advised I monitor for 48 hours and take it from there. After that they can offer scan or blood tests. Waiting game is really very hard sad

E11Chick Tue 17-Nov-15 21:36:29

Hey Melvali, sorry to hear you're going through a worrying time. The waiting is the worst part I agree but try not to worry/stress too much (this is so hard I know). I'm 10 weeks now and all seems to be well just looking forward to my dating scan.

Keep us updated on how you are doing and I hope everything is ok. Chances are it will just be "normal" bleeding but always best to get these things checked out I think! X

redstrawberries101 Tue 17-Nov-15 22:06:38

Thanks for your message. I will do. Had some more brown blood when wiping. No cramps to report yet but preg symptoms seem to have definitely disappeared X

redstrawberries101 Fri 20-Nov-15 13:01:01

Hi

I thought I would let you know I went for the scan this morning and thankfully they could see the gestational sac and the yok sac inside it. No heartbeat but she said at 5-6 weeks this is normal.

They were pleased that the pregnancy is in the right place and blood results the other day were in line too so they have discharged me from the EPU unit. Any further problems and I've to phone back.

Such a relief but I don't know if I'll manage to relax at all as its still a long road...

roaringfire Fri 20-Nov-15 13:26:38

I had this and assumed the worst after a previous miscarriage but it was the foetus bedding in, I was told. Good luck to you all. x

E11Chick Fri 20-Nov-15 13:41:51

Melvali - that sounds really promising you must be so relieved! When I went at 6 and a half weeks they could only just make out a teeny heartbeat x

E11Chick Fri 20-Nov-15 13:42:59

I'm at 10 weeks now and still worrying about things......I think this is it, we'll be worrying about them for the rest of our lives :-) x

Mango66 Fri 20-Nov-15 15:39:25

I had bleeding episodes at 8 and 12 weeks, and I was very scared.
The bleeding is now sitting next to me scoffing Refreshers.
Good luck.

redstrawberries101 Fri 20-Nov-15 20:05:12

Lol! Thanks girls. Relieved but don't think I'll fully relax until I hear a heartbeat but then it'll prob be something else.. Lol. Just done a bit of pottering about. Need to get the house in order tomorrow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now