Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Is this normal?

(7 Posts)
NotSoYummyMummy23 Tue 27-Oct-15 08:18:29

I'm just over 5 weeks pregnant and I hardly have any symptoms at all. I have a sore, achy back, tiredness, the odd headache and sore boobs. I can remember feeling like utter crap at this stage with DS, and I thought it would be the same this time. I know I should be glad that I can still stomach food and generally feel well in myself, but I can't help but also feel a bit worried too. I do get the odd wave of nausea but it's nothing I can't handle and it's gone rather quickly.
I'm hoping I'm just being silly and just need some reassurance. Thank you.

Topsy34 Tue 27-Oct-15 08:20:25

You might just feel rubbish later, with ds i didnt have any symptoms until 10 weeks, with this one 5 weeks and i felt dreadful!

HippyPottyMouth Tue 27-Oct-15 08:23:56

I was fine except insomnia and occasional queasiness, until I got big and heavy. It's ok not to feel rough.

Junosmum Tue 27-Oct-15 08:38:53

Symptoms such as morning sickness are present in around 50% of people at 6 weeks, 70% at 7 weeks and 80ish at 8 weeks. So yes, very normal!

NotSoYummyMummy23 Tue 27-Oct-15 08:40:51

Oh thank god. I'll definitely make the most of these nausea free days, then!! Thank you smile

CarolPeletier Tue 27-Oct-15 08:44:01

I felt the same as you, then eight weeks hit and it was awful - third child and worst morning sickness I have experienced. Could move without gagging. Try not to worry, I hope you stay nausea free - has been a rough couple of months.

CarolPeletier Tue 27-Oct-15 08:45:12

That should say couldn't move

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: