Talk

Advanced search

It's the little things.....

(14 Posts)
Nessie100 Mon 26-Oct-15 20:49:06

So I'm 6+ weeks, and while I have been quite lucky overall, I have been unable to get remotely warm for the past 3+ weeks.

Just found out DP has put on my electric blanket half hour ago cos he knew I would be in bed early tonight smile.

Might not seem like much, but to me it is the nicest thing he could possibly have done for me today.

Anyone else getting the "little things" done for you, that makes the crappiness slightly more worth it?

bluewisteria Tue 27-Oct-15 07:56:40

Clearing up my vomit overtime I don't make it to the toilet.... Happens a lot...
All the cooking, cleaning, washing and drying gets done too... Although I still pitch in when feeling well enough and I do the ironing too.

bluewisteria Tue 27-Oct-15 07:56:58

*everytime

PurplePoppy17 Fri 30-Oct-15 21:28:05

My OH fills up my hot water bottle and puts it at the bottom of the bed so that my feet are warm when I first get in to bed smile

ValancyJane Sat 31-Oct-15 12:02:49

Does not let me do the dishwasher, or the hoovering. And brings me cups of tea in bed smile When I had morning sickness he did everything around the house and kept me supplied with fizzy sweets and ice pops. He's a star!

E11Chick Sun 01-Nov-15 16:27:36

Just generally doing things I can't do due to feeling so tired and yucky all the time, but I think it's the way he's just doing it when he can see I'm not feeling great. I went out yesterday and was dreading doing all the cleaning etc but I came home to a spotless house and an empty wash basket :-) Treated him to a takeaway to say thank you x

Skiptonlass Sun 01-Nov-15 20:34:17

Dh looked after me the whole way. Held my hair back when I was sick, endless sympathy through months of hyperemesis, then did everything around the house through spd and c section.

He's a keeper!

Chloeisobelle21 Tue 03-Nov-15 21:25:56

Wish I had a lovely partner to do all this! 14 weeks and single mum! Makes me super lonely reading this sad

24hourM0MMY Wed 04-Nov-15 00:33:58

Nope, husband has been more worried for himself than me for the entire pregnancy (38 weeks now). In fact, the other day I asked for his hand to help me off the sofa and his response was, "oh come on!" as in roll your eyes oh come on. This has been a terribly lonely 9 months for me.
Cherish your lovely partners if they are doing nice things for you.

Nessie100 Wed 04-Nov-15 18:20:08

flowers Chloe.

24hour, how can he be so selfish sad

24hourM0MMY Wed 04-Nov-15 18:48:34

He is what he is. I'm the stupid one who married him despite all kinds of warning signs, and then had a first and now second child with him. I don't plan on staying stupid very much longer though.

CalypsoLilt Thu 05-Nov-15 10:44:55

24hour same! All I got was "you don't need to rest until you're 8 months pregnant"....surprisingly enough he's gone now and didn't show up for the 20 week scan.....

But on the flipside, my friends and family have been AMAZING. And my little nephew can say my name now and he runs to the window if he knows I'm coming smile

PeppasNanna Thu 05-Nov-15 12:31:29

Ive been a single mum.

Ive also been pregnant in a long term relationship. I would rather be a single mum then pregnant with an unsupportive partner.

He couldnt even be bothered to get up gor my 12 week scan. I was terrified as I'd had a MMC only a few months before. He did nothing when i was pregnant. I even climbed in the loft at 36 & 38 weeks pregnant to get the Christmas decorations down.

The day the baby was born, he left the hospital within 2 hours cos he was tired...

CaptainKit Thu 05-Nov-15 18:29:05

No partner here, but some very supportive friends and colleagues.

My friends and I have a shared hobby we do most weekends, and for the past few months I've not been allowed to lift a thing or do anything strenuous.

Then today at work my manager let me know she has arranged for a special parking space for me because I start and finish late, and so have been having to park far from the office, on a wet, muddy, unlit patch of grass. I know this is partly their not wanting to be sued if I slip and fall, but she's being nice about it, not appearing to do it because she feels she has to, so she gets some points.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now