Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

What to expect in third trimester?

(3 Posts)
ALR123 Sun 25-Oct-15 22:50:09

Am almost 29 weeks... my pregnancy was great up to week 21 where I suddenly woke up with awful back and bum pains. They got progressively worse to the point where I was bed bound and on crutches the rest of the time. Was diagnosed as severe joint problems and between physio, osteo and acupuncture I am now back to full health and back at work full time.
I'm feeling really good and I'm kind of waiting for the next thing! I have bags of energy and want to go out walking all the time. I'm eating and sleeping brilliantly and I'm worried it's all too good to be true! I always expect the third trimester to be dreadful... so tell me what comes next? What's the main symptoms? I know everyone is different but at what point do you find you stop sleeping well or you get braxton hicks etc? And what else did you find that you weren't expecting in this last part?

babyblues19 Sun 25-Oct-15 23:08:17

Glad to hear your feeling better! For me, pregnancy was a breeze up until around the 32 week mark when I started getting terrible hip and back pain, that's definitely the worst part! As well as that sleeping is a big no for me, Im awake most of the night because I can't get comfortable or I'm thinking about baby..etc! Its like my mind is in constant overdrive! Now my pregnancy is nearly over (40 weeks) I'm counting the minutes ??

sophiaslullaby Sun 25-Oct-15 23:15:04

Sorry to hear that you suffered in 2nd trimester but great that you're feeling so much better and mobile - walking is great so if you can do it, do!
This is my first pregnancy so everything is new to me (as i sit here, 39+4, experiencing Braxton Hicks and getting DH to push me off the sofa so I can get up to pee for the upteenth time...pfftt!!)
Like you say, every pregnancy is different but for me, around 37 weeks I struggled to sleep well, uncomfortable and think things were playing on my mind. However, now I'm on maternity leave I've relaxed, I have a half hour nap in the afternoons and other than 2 wee breaks, I sleep really well over night.

Braxton hicks started about 36 weeks but only became stronger in the last week.

I've found I can manage and put up with the aches and pains if I keep happy and positive so if anything, tackle your emotional wellbeing -it's just as important as your physical wellbeing.
smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: