Talk

Advanced search

Painful skin on tummy

(4 Posts)
pickleandflux Sun 25-Oct-15 20:07:46

I'm 31+3, and have started to get a lot of pain around my belly button. It feels like my skin and underlying tissues are going to burst, it's so sore. Been rubbing in bio oil but still feels just as bad. Paracetamol has helped a bit. Any other tips or ideas?

MarchMummy1992 Sun 25-Oct-15 20:17:29

Warm bath & coco butter oil by palmers , I put some in the bath occasionally it really helps x

VocationalGoat Sun 25-Oct-15 20:22:50

Of all the things in pregnancy I dread, it's this and also when you get that horrible naval pinching. Oh I really dislike that. Though it's worth it in the end of course.
Lots of lovely oil will help the superficial discomfort. Or any cream you have handy. flowers

Every1KnowsJeffTheJerkOlantern Sun 25-Oct-15 20:24:06

I had this. Couldn't put my finger on what it was. The midwife told me it was the way the baby was lying (she wasn't in a good position) because I did have some relief from it when she moved but unfortunately it did return when she settled that way until the end.

I didn't find anything helped much except wearing loose clothing so as not to rub it even more and taking paracetamol. I tried a cooling gel too. And lying down as much as I could to take the pressure off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now