loader

Talk

Advanced search

snuzpod or chicco next to me

(5 Posts)
Ladypug Sun 25-Oct-15 19:47:55

Which would you recommend and why?

cookielove Sun 25-Oct-15 19:54:41

I can't speak for the snuzpod, we have/had a chicco next to me which we used for 7 months. Great bed, although my pampered baby found the matteress a bit firm grin we used the sleepyhead (which fitted perfectly inside) for around 3-4 months too until my lo decided sleeping on his tummy was the way to go. It was great though it was adjustable and nice and wide smile

BuggerLumpsAnnoyed Sun 25-Oct-15 19:57:19

I was going to get the chicco, because it's cheaper, was a bit wider and can fold away as a travel cot. but it turned out it wasn't high enough for the bed. We went for the snuzpod and I love it. I also like that you can take the basinette round the house, because I remember with ds1 we always used it in the sitting room as well. I also read that the chicco mattress is quite hard, the snuzpods is lovely, and all organic (if you're into that sort of thing) also it's easy to put the side up and down when the snuzpods attached to the bed.

Bumpingalong84 Sun 25-Oct-15 20:52:35

I've got the Chicco next to me based on reviews and a friends recommendation. Haven't had a chance to use it yet as baby is not due for a few more weeks but hoping it's gonna be good!

ACatCalledFang Sun 25-Oct-15 21:13:49

We have a Snuzpod and love it. Baby sleeps well in it too. It's quite narrow, which works for us because of the space we had to fit it into in the bedroom. Easy to get baby in and out, and we also move the bassinet into the living room.

Looks good too, and has handy rails at each end to hang muslins, bibs, etc, from so they're within easy grabbing distance. And a shelf underneath for storage, though that only works for grabbing stuff in the night if you don't have a bedside table on the crib side of the bed wink.

We got the Snuzpod as the Chicco was too wide for our bedroom, and it wasn't actually possible to put together the BabyDan 3-in-1 we ordered from John Lewis as the holes for the screws weren't aligned hmm. But we've been really pleased with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now