Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone else awake with an upset tummy?

(7 Posts)
Wharm14 Sun 25-Oct-15 00:47:32

21 weeks pregnant and suffering with a flare up of IBS symptoms, can't sleep for going to the loo every 10 mins. In agony, drinking boiled water like its going out of fashion with no relief. Totally missing the extra hour in bed! Just feeling miserable and wondered if I had any company?

Jellybean100 Sun 25-Oct-15 01:04:34

Not a bad tummy but awake feeling horrendously nauseous and burping up sick! Wish I would just vomit and get it out of the way. I'm 6 weeks sad

Wharm14 Sun 25-Oct-15 01:10:46

Oh jelly bean that doesn't sound like much fun either! I'm on the peppermint tea now, its brought some relief but I can now hear my husband snoring away in our bedroom, so not sure I'll get to sleep even if I do go back to bed....thlhmm

Junosmum Sun 25-Oct-15 04:59:26

Hopefully you did. I get bad ibs flare ups and hate it when OH then prevents me going back to sleep coz of his snoring. I'm sure murder is totally justified in those circumstances!

Brummiegirl15 Sun 25-Oct-15 07:58:28

I was up in the middle of the night with horrendous heartburn. So bad I was sick. Worst thing is, I was so sick I didn't even make it to the loo and was sick on the bathroom floor

blush

Melmam Mon 26-Oct-15 16:01:04

I was up all night with bad heartburn too im 37 weeks feeling like i was going to vomin and really thursty i think i drank nearly 2ltrs of water during the night it didnt help in thwe endcause when the heartburn went i was up going the loo every half hour not a very happy person today lol. My sleep has already been cut in half over the past few weeks.

PurplePoppy17 Fri 30-Oct-15 21:36:32

I have had major IBS flare up. I was constipated for 4/5 days then I'd have diarrhoea for a day and then I would get constipated again. It was like a vicious circle. I got some lactulose from doctors which usually helps... But that night I was crying with the pain of the cramps I was getting and I ended up near enough sleeping on the bathroom floor as every half hour I would have another spell of diarrhoea. I obviously just had a 'back log' waiting to get out. (Sorry tmi) now fingers crossed its settled its self down. Thank god!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: