Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Back to back, does it change?

(8 Posts)
Solongtoshort Fri 23-Oct-15 21:11:36

Arh had my 34 week appointment today, I'm 35 weeks tomorrow. I asked about my back pain because I thought I may have a water infection, I didnt. When she examined me the midwife said the baby was back to back. I had to ask what that meant because even though I have heard it I don't know what meant.

She hold me some exercises which would help the baby move, but does it move away or will it always be back to back.

My back is so sore like 5x as bad as I get with period pain.

NoArmaniNoPunani Fri 23-Oct-15 21:12:39

It can change, have you got a birthing ball?

Slugonthewindow Fri 23-Oct-15 21:18:44

Yeah it can change. Yoga yoga yoga. A few exercises a day can easy turn a baby. Really easy moves too, not any crazy downward-tree-spiralling-hunters! Just squats, figure eight on hands and knees etc. I'm not a widwife or medically trained btw but I did these and baby was always lying correctly.
until labour, when he wiggled round back to back and got stuck

Solongtoshort Fri 23-Oct-15 21:19:16

Yes I'm on it now, leaning on it. I'm not really keen on sitting on it as it make my underneath feel swollen .

MargaretCabbage Fri 23-Oct-15 21:21:41

They can turn! Try spinningbabies.com for some tips on trying to get your baby to move.

My DS was back to back, I walked miles and spent the last few weeks of my pregnancy on all fours or a birthing ball and never got him to turn though. I was worried about the birth but it was completely fine.

Solongtoshort Fri 23-Oct-15 21:26:12

Oh I have a yoga dvd. I will dig it out tomorrow. Thanks ladies.

Does it hurt more coming out back to back x

Runningupthathill82 Fri 23-Oct-15 21:28:26

My DS never turned, with any amount of yoga - and I tried the lot.

My advice to you, OP, would be to research back to back birth at length and become clued up on all your options. Best of luck.

ShowOfHands Fri 23-Oct-15 21:37:14

Both of mine were back to back. Nothing shifted them. No yoga, no spinning babies, no visualisation. I tried and tried.

Back to back labour can be more difficult. It may take longer and it may make it more painful. However, it may not. There's no way of knowing. Plenty of babies turn during labour too.

You can try to get your baby to turn but back to back isn't an 'abnormal' position and doesn't tell you anything about what might happen during the rest of pregnancy and delivery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now