Talk

Advanced search

Measuring 30Weeks at 25 week appointment

(9 Posts)
ammature Fri 23-Oct-15 12:46:48

Had my 25 week appointment today- and midwife said I looked over 30 weeks. She measured me at 30
Weeks and has ordered a growth scan and a glucose test. I feel a bit down now and worried. Has anyone had a similar experience?

acquiescence Fri 23-Oct-15 15:35:27

I had a similar experience- measured 33 weeks and 28 week midwife appointment. I have had two growth scans and glucose tolerance test. Now 37+5 and all is fine, baby is measuring on the big side, fluid is normal and I have the go ahead for my planned home birth. The midwife measurements are very inaccurate and even scans are not v accurate so don't worry at all.

ammature Fri 23-Oct-15 15:36:52

This is so reassuring! Thank you! They were actually really encouraging me to have a home birth prior to the measuring and then I felt like nope won't be having that then!

BadgerFace Fri 23-Oct-15 16:49:47

If the measurement was a tape measure over your belly then it can be not terribly accurate. My consultant measured me at 29 weeks at an appointment when I was 27 weeks. A week later my midwife measured me at 27 weeks. I don't think I got smaller in that week!

Try not to worry, the growth scan and glucose tests are all good things to have so your baby can be well monitored. My situation is sort of the opposite but I was booked in for extra scans by my consultant at 28 and 32 weeks due to a low number on my 12 week bloods which he said might mean placenta problems and a small baby (despite him measuring me 2 weeks ahead!) which worried me last weekend but after the scan on Monday I feel reassured that things are going fine (although the baby is measuring much smaller than my first). I am now trying to look forward to the next scan as a another chance to see the baby rather than worry why it was booked.

KatyN Fri 23-Oct-15 17:01:47

A good friend measured 8 weeks ahead. She had quite a big baby. Nothing else was going on.

K

Cheesypop Sat 24-Oct-15 10:42:54

I've been worried about this as well as I've had lots of scans so far and at each one have measured weeks ahead. My tummy is huge and round and looks similar to those at my yoga/aqua natal classes who are 10 weeks ahead... Really worried about the risks of a big baby!

Hopefully your glucose test will come back clear so it's not gestational diabetes, other than that I don't have any advice! I'm not sure what I'll do if my baby is still measuring way ahead closer to the birth...

TreeSparrow Sat 24-Oct-15 11:06:02

I was measured 33wks at 28wks. Then later I was measured 32wks at 32wks! Very inaccurate! I wouldn't worry.

Skiptonlass Sat 24-Oct-15 11:32:54

I measured big the whole way- I'm really short and to me it was just obvious that he had nowhere to go but out!

My sugars were really low all the time so I was never offered a gtt,

Fast forward to birth, my son was quite small (just under 7lb) and dropped to six before we went home.

Lesson? Fundal measurement is not terribly accurate and it doesn't have to be - it's a quick, simple and cheap first line of monitoring. It allows you to pick up possible issues (a reduction or acceleration of growth, a possible large/small baby) so that its picked up and dealt with.

Good luck smile

Iammad Sat 24-Oct-15 12:12:15

With my last pregnancy I was always ahead sometimes by 6 weeks, I was having growth scans anyway due to other problems.
I had baby at exactly 38 weeks,who weighed 7lbs 1, so at 40 weeks would of been just over 8lb so about average

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now