Talk

Advanced search

F**K I've gained so much!!

(14 Posts)
Wishful80smontage Fri 23-Oct-15 10:27:43

Still 6 weeks to go and I've gained 45 bastard pounds sad I'm a blimp and I'm going to gain even more aren't I before the end sobs

DriverSurpriseMe Fri 23-Oct-15 10:31:29

I hear you. I gained about three stone in both pregnancies. There's a photo of me on the day I had my c section with baby #2 and even my neck was fat grin

I was shocked when I got on the scales afterwards too. I was hoping I would have lost at least two stone... sadly not.

But, five months later I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight thanks to low carbing. You WILL get back to normal.

Wishful80smontage Fri 23-Oct-15 10:34:23

I was so spoilt with my first pregnancy gained a stone which was lost within a week of giving birth. I've gone from one extreme to the other.

Moodyblue1 Fri 23-Oct-15 11:12:08

My first pregnancy I didn't gain much at all, I was pretty much back to normal within a few days of giving birth...this time round I refuse to get on the scales, everywhere is fat I dread to think what I will look like after giving birth. That will teach me for feeling smug first time round!

Wishful80smontage Fri 23-Oct-15 13:01:16

Ditto moody I was smug even when I found out I was expecting this time- now...not so much sad

cloudjumper Fri 23-Oct-15 13:21:27

I hear 'ya... 30 weeks and gained 2st so far. Gained 3 with DS 5 years ago, and am desperate to stay under that.
It just sucks, but the only thing that kept me from being sick in the first trimester was having a stomach full of fatty carbs! Needs must...

I lost the baby-weight with WeightWatchers really quickly after DS (once I decided to sign up and not keep trying by myself), and am planning to go back to them (or Slimming World) as soon as they let me after giving birth.

Louisee58 Fri 23-Oct-15 14:00:52

I gained about 3st with DS it took me 4 years to loose, granted the first 3 years I didn't really try. I'm now 8 weeks with DC2 and would say easily gained half a stone already, I swore I wouldn't put any unnecessary weight on this time and I want to kick myself for it sad but at the minute my body is just craving carbs carbs carbs and more carbs!!! I would love to be one of these people that bounces back straight away and barely puts any weight on. I usually follow slimming world and most of my meals are usually slimming world its just the snacking that's getting me!

Im 5ft, its easy to see any weight gain!

Dixiechick17 Fri 23-Oct-15 14:11:05

I gained four stone, am five months post birth and have lost three and a half stone, came off fairly quickly. I just thought I'd give you some hope.

BumbleBee0 Fri 23-Oct-15 14:43:22

I put on 3st with ds, but lost about 2 after birth and the rest went within a few months. I couldn't diet though (nor did I want to) as I was bfing and I was so hungry all the time. A good bonus of bfing is it definitely burns up all the fat!

EdgarAllenPoe Fri 23-Oct-15 14:43:43

Thanks for making me feel not so alone. I'm 29 weeks and I've gained 2 stone which was what I was hoping to total - no chance of that now!

ALR123 Fri 23-Oct-15 20:03:36

I'm 28 weeks and have gone from 88st to 11st. I eat shit 24/, and although everyone tells me I'm all out front I'm so worried I look like the honey monster confused

1stTimeRounder Fri 23-Oct-15 21:44:15

You can follow SlimmingWorld whilst pregnant, it's supported by the Royal College of Midwives as well. I'm going to follow it through my pregnancy, it's my first so who knows I might still pile on the weight regardless!

Good luck with it x

cloudjumper Sat 24-Oct-15 13:21:36

I was with SW at the start of my pregnancy. Had every intention to stick with it, but just couldn't - the nausea was too bad, and the only thing that kept it at bay was always to have a full stomach - sadly salad, soup and the likes just did not cut it, it had to be stodgy carbs and fatty foods confused. I ate healthily, but lots. Hoping to keep the weight gain at bay in the third trimester, now that I am actually struggling to eat large portions.

3luckystars Sat 24-Oct-15 13:59:38

I gained 5 stone when pregnant with ds! Yes really.
I only put on 2 stone with dd.

I lost it all and I am back the way I was before except my boobs are empties now. I don't know how there was such a big difference but its all in the past anyway.

You will be grand, worry about it next year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now