Talk

Advanced search

Feel like I'm going to have twins

(17 Posts)
Flaky13 Thu 22-Oct-15 07:32:34

Haven't been for any scans yet but I'm probably about 8-9 weeks pregnant based on my last period. I have a strong feeling I'm having twins. In fact I'm convinced it's twins. Non identical Twins do run in my family and I am completely unable to get through the day. I nap at all times possible and can sleep for 12-15 hours straight at night if given the chance which is so unlike me. I haven't been pregnant before so I don't have anything to compare this pregnancy to but the fact that I just feel as though it's 2 in me! My stomach isn't showing but I can pee three times in an hour compared to my usual really good bladder control. I have extreme nausea and water is the only thing I can hold down so I have lost weight. My nose is super sensitive and the thought of some foods makes me want to throw up.
Anyone else felt like this and actually been carrying twins or am I setting myself up for heartbreak because I am really excited. Thank you

Diddlydokey Thu 22-Oct-15 07:34:09

I felt all the same symptoms and it was a singleton

cookielove Thu 22-Oct-15 07:35:08

The only way you will find out is with a scan, but I wouldn't be getting to excited about it until you know either way, of course be excited about the pregnancy. Every pregnancy is different smile

Whoknewitcouldbeso Thu 22-Oct-15 07:39:30

I was convinced I was having twins too as my HCG levels were so high in the early stages of pregnancy. I can remember being so shocked when there was only one baby after scanning.

Try not to put too much store in your feelings as id hate for you to feel disappointed. Early pregnancy does make many people feel absolutely rotten so strong symptoms are often just indicative of pregnancy and nothing more.

Flaky13 Thu 22-Oct-15 07:45:29

Okay thank you ladies I'll calm down until my scan. It's probably all in my head because I've always wanted twins. Anyway if it is I'll be sure to let you know. Thank you so much x

CurlsLDN Thu 22-Oct-15 07:45:53

I have to say op, all your symptoms are completely normal for single babies.
However, it would be amazing if you are proven right!

Flaky13 Thu 22-Oct-15 07:48:00

It would be amazing but I'll just wait and see. I'm excited either way but will be more so if it were twins!

Dixiechick17 Thu 22-Oct-15 07:55:43

Fingers crossed for you smile however I was carrying a singleton and was so tired that I would spend whole days in bed sleeping at the weekends smile

ProbablyMe Thu 22-Oct-15 08:03:27

Fingers crossed you get your wish! I'm 9+2 however and have never felt so exhausted in my life and am definitely only having one. I was convinced it was twins due to the exhaustion and nausea that I'd never had in a pregnancy before. Good luck!

AliciaMayEmory Thu 22-Oct-15 08:03:59

I felt like that with both of my pregnancies. Both were single babies. Have had 2 friends who had twins and both had much easier pregnancies in the beginning stages than I did. Small sample of people, I know, but not all twin pregnancies are awful. Fingers crossed that you feel better soon and once you have your scan you will know for sure!

FizzlePops Thu 22-Oct-15 08:04:38

I felt better this time than last time and I'm having twins this time.
Huge surprise!

poorbuthappy Thu 22-Oct-15 08:06:32

I felt twice as pregnant the 2nd time round and had twins. I actually commented as I got onto the bed to have my 12 week scan that j reckoned it was twins and the sonography scoffed at me.
I was right and dh didn't talk for about 6 hours. smilesmile

Flaky13 Thu 22-Oct-15 08:24:43

It's so nice to hear what other people are going through and how they felt during their pregnancy. It's so exciting, I'm really happy for everyone and pray I'm having twins too!
Strange to think my symptoms are usual for a singleton. I assumed they were extremely elevated. Guess I'm the baby if it's not twins, although all pregnancies are difficult to be fair and different. I just feel so exhausted

Aus26 Thu 22-Oct-15 09:31:29

I'm 15+5 along with twins and I was convinced that I was having them before I found out. Like you, they run in my family, but this is my first pregnancy so I had no way of distinguishing my twins symptoms from what a normal pregnancy would feel like. I guess I just had a feeling, I talked/joked about twins with my partner a lot in the first month after we found out, and even my GP mentioned twins when I went and saw her to get something to help me with my nausea, because she said that my symptoms fit the profile of a multiple pregnancy. Then we had a private scan at 8 weeks and... twins.

If we'd just seen one inside we would have been just as thrilled. I think when you get a scan at 8 weeks all you are looking for is reassurance that there's a heartbeat in there. In fact finding out I'm having twins made me even more paranoid about miscarriage as I have twice as much to lose. Anyway we are absolutely thrilled about our twins and I can't wait to go back to the private scanning place again next weekend to get a gender scan and find out what we're having!

neversleepagain Thu 22-Oct-15 21:18:33

Twins didn't enter my mind once. I felt dreadful in early pregnancy, sick up to 3 times s day, sleeping 6pm-7:30am and still feeling exhausted, crying a lot as I felt so terrible. I remember saying to dh that this is what dying must feel like.

At our 13 week scan we were gobsmacked when we were told it was twins! They are now 3 and it feels like yesterday smile

Babyfeverdrivingmecrazy Thu 22-Oct-15 22:07:33

I'm 8 weeks and feel exactly like you and mi r is a singleton.

Tftpoo Fri 23-Oct-15 10:43:40

I was the opposite, hardly had any symptoms in the first trimester and found out at the 12 week scan it was twins! Second and third trimesters were a nightmare though once SPD kicked in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now