Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

mat pay and payrises

(6 Posts)
Junosmum Wed 21-Oct-15 13:13:33

Ok, so I know that your mat pay is based on the 'qualifying weeks' (25 to 32 or something I think) and that if you would be due a pay rise whilst on may leave you still get it, though may not kick in until you return to work, depending on the mat pay of your company.

I want to know - If I get a pay rise after my qualifying weeks, but before I go on mat leave will my mat pay reflect this new salary or the salary of my qualifying weeks?

My qualifying weeks are above the required threshold for mat pay.

AbbeyRoadCrossing Wed 21-Oct-15 14:08:39

It's based on your qualifying weeks, so if you get a bonus in those weeks your mat pay is more (there's some well timed pregnancies in the city) or if you were on unpaid sick for example you'd get less.
I think your qualifying weeks are much earlier than that, this is a good calculator www.citation.co.uk/maternity-calculator

WineCheeseSleep Wed 21-Oct-15 14:11:39

Hi - just to concur, it's definitely based on the qualifying weeks.

Junosmum Wed 21-Oct-15 14:29:01

That's what I thought. I get a pay rise next month ??

Toblermoan Thu 22-Oct-15 07:19:16

There is something called the Alabaster ruling which if memory serves means that if you are given a pay rise any time between your qualifying week & the end of your statutory mat pay your smp average should be re calculated to include that rise.
It would only affect the first 6 weeks of statutory pay because that's based on 90%of you average in the qualifying period.

Junosmum Thu 22-Oct-15 13:21:52

Thanks, I'll look in to that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: