Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

25 weeks - reduced movement?

(12 Posts)
Givinguph0pe Wed 21-Oct-15 07:20:32

I normally feel baby a lot in the night, big big kicks that I can see and feel from the outside. I feel her a little in the day but less so.
Yesterday in the daytime I felt hardly anything and last night I did feel her move but not as much and it seemed gentler - like nudges rather than kicks.

I do have an anterior placenta so I'm aware that can cushion the kicks. I've used my Doppler - which I know I can't rely on 100% - and the heartbeat is as it is normally.

Do I need to be checked? Or shall I give it another 24 hours?

ohidoliketobe Wed 21-Oct-15 07:23:34

If you have any concerns about movements please go and get seen. You aren't time wasting. Any change in pattern should be flagged to your care team. Just give your midwife unit a call. It'll be nothing to worry about but always best to be on the safe side during pregnancy. Good luck and please report back!

Sleepybeanbump Wed 21-Oct-15 07:26:28

It'll probably be fine, but don't wait. As far as I'm aware the best thing is to lie on your left for an hour and count kicks and get checked if it's under 10.

I went in recently and they were so nice and even though he started dancing around within 10 mins didn't at all make me feel I had wasted their time.

Good luck.

Givinguph0pe Wed 21-Oct-15 07:34:30

Do they just listen to the heartbeat when they check you?

OffMyAyersRocker Wed 21-Oct-15 07:43:26

They'll put you on a machine for maybe 20 minutes to look at movement and heartbeat.

If you are worried definitely go. Be prepared for a wait though as it's not generally first come etc but who needs to be seen first.

ppandj Wed 21-Oct-15 08:11:38

I had this a couple of times and all was well but I felt so much better having been checked over. They were so nice and said I had done the right thing by going in and didn't make me feel like a time waster or anything. If it will put your mind at rest then definitely go in asap.

Brummiegirl15 Wed 21-Oct-15 09:48:49

They will say to you that they don't really look for a pattern until 28 weeks - but if you are concerned and you definitely feel there is a lack of movement then definitely call

You shouldn't leave it. You also shouldn't rely on a Doppler as you aren't trained and also not rely on counting the kicks. It's not about the counting of kicks, it's about a pattern that is relevant to you personally.

So if you've noticed that the movement is reduced then just give your midwife / delivery suite a call.

I'm also 25 weeks and have an anterior placenta and I went in at 21 wks because I was so scared about not feeling anything and they were lovely and said come down whenever you need to.

Now I'm 25 wks I do feel her a lot more so I would notice if the movement had changed.

Give them a call and definitely do not wait 24 hours!!!

Whoknewitcouldbeso Wed 21-Oct-15 09:56:17

I am 24 weeks and saw the midwife yesterday. We talked about movements and she said if I was ever concerned about patterns changing or reduced movement to ring them and they would see me and monitor. Honestly if you are concerned then reach out to them.

jellypi3 Wed 21-Oct-15 13:42:33

I'm on my way to the MAU for the first time today because I've had reduced movement over the last week, I'm 26 weeks. They said to come in and be checked straight away so definitely phone them up.

I'm hoping for me it's just bubba moving position.

Baker1979 Mon 02-Nov-15 08:26:07

Hi Jellypi3, how did you get on? I'm also worrying about less movements and I'm just over 25 weeks!

jellypi3 Mon 02-Nov-15 09:12:59

Hi Baker all was fine with me, the MW said that the baby is still small and sometimes moves to a different position that affects movement.

Now i'm a bit further along i'm feeling kicks a lot more! I'd say if you are worried phone your MAU, mine couldn't have been more helpful.

LumpySpaceCow Mon 02-Nov-15 09:55:53

Get checked. Dopplers are nice for bonding but should never be used for reassurance for reduced movement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now