Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How much cramping is normal is early pregnancy??

(10 Posts)
MaybeBabyOct2015 Tue 20-Oct-15 22:34:40

I'm only just 4 weeks (first baby) but have been getting quite strong symptoms since Saturday - nausea and cramping. It was really severe Saturday night so saw doctor on Monday. She didn't seem too concerned as I have had no bleeding and just said to keep an eye on things and let them know if it gets worse. She is also testing me for a uti.

Although not as severe I have had cramping on and off for a few days (like period pain) and I'm starting to worry that this is a bad sign. The nausea has eased today as well and I'm really worried. I took another hpt this morning and got a stronger positive result than I did at the weekend.

Does anyone have any advice? Have people experienced cramping in the early days as well? Should I be worried?

Many thanks

YouBastardSockBalls Tue 20-Oct-15 22:35:53

I had loads with both, mainly right side. Even started a thread like this I think! grin

It's normal. Just go back to your doctor if anything changes.

Congratulations flowers

MrsPCR Tue 20-Oct-15 22:44:04

Congrats on the BFP! flowers

I had really bad cramping from about weeks 4-6 with a constant dull ache in between. It felt like my period and the cramps were quite bad at times but it's all good. Just your uterus stretching. As long as there is no bleeding, there is nothing to worry about.

MrsBungle Tue 20-Oct-15 22:46:52

I had loads of cramps and aches all through pregnancy.

Jellybean100 Tue 20-Oct-15 23:15:01

I'm 5+ and get cramps on a daily basis. Every time I have a cramp I have a little panic then remember it can be normal

FizzlePops Wed 21-Oct-15 07:04:52

I had really painful sharp cramps with DD very early, looking back it must have been ligament pain. This time I'm 16 weeks with twins and have had cramps all the way through.
Please try not to worry too much especially if you're not bleeding just take it easy.

Sanch1 Wed 21-Oct-15 08:31:49

Its normal, I'm about 5+5 today and I've had a dull achey cramp in my abodomen since 4 weeks, was the same with DD.

Llouh Wed 21-Oct-15 08:33:39

I had a lot of cramping early on and again 20ish weeks. Felt like I was going to start a period or there were stabby pains.

Now I'm due on Friday I wish they would come back sad

anyagujraal Wed 21-Oct-15 08:41:29

Cramping with blood is a bag sign otherwise nothing to worry. Congratulations!!!

MaybeBabyOct2015 Wed 21-Oct-15 14:03:26

Phew! I'm so pleased that it's not just me. smile thank you everyone.

I know it's really naive but I didn't realise the early days would be this hard! You hear so many stories where women don't realise they are pregnant until they are a few months along, I honestly thought I'd barely notice a difference in my body for a couple of months.

It's so hard keeping it from people when you just feel like you need to sit quietly with a hot water bottle on your tummy rather than being at work. Lol. The nausea is difficult as well as my team are starting to talk about our office Christmas lunch and it makes me want to gag.

How did you all cope with the cramping and nausea whilst at work etc?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now