Talk

Advanced search

A little bit worried after some pain

(5 Posts)
blondiejess1982 Tue 20-Oct-15 17:38:31

Hi everyone. I have been in meetings all day today and when I finally was free I sat down and was bent over a coffee table reading something and when I got up I felt some really sharp pains. It has gone now but I am a little bit worried. Might it be because I have been sat down all day was bent over and sat up a bit quick? I have no bleeding or anything else. I have had two cups of tea today (which I do not do normally) tea often gives me a tummy ache so not sure if that is a factor. I am just leaving the office now (usually I go to the gym) and I am thinking of a relaxing bath and laying down to stretch out a bit when I get home. Can anyone offer any advice? Thank you so much.

TakesTwoToTango Tue 20-Oct-15 17:46:11

How far along are you? Sounds very much like round ligament pain to me - totally normal. Was it on one side?

blondiejess1982 Tue 20-Oct-15 17:50:03

Hi, thank you so much for replying. I am 17 weeks. It was more across the front then along one side.

TakesTwoToTango Tue 20-Oct-15 17:58:14

For me that's always been a prime time for stretching type pains (be careful next time you try to sneeze while lying down for example!). Random pains and pregnancy go hand in hand and there will almost certainly be many more to come, all harmless. smile That said, it's always best to keep an eye on things and if it happens a lot/regularly ie in a pattern/is really painful or you get any other concerning symptoms like bleeding, or you are just feeling anxious about it, then it's good to give your midwife a call or get checked out. In the meantime, take comfort that we all get them and 99.9999% of the time it's nothing. Enjoy your bath smile

blondiejess1982 Tue 20-Oct-15 18:03:42

Thank you, you have really helped.smile Bath is running now and going to relax. Thank you again x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now