Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

29 weeks and have gone off food

(3 Posts)
bluishskies Tue 20-Oct-15 13:42:56

I'm starting to worry because I'm 29 weeks with twins and I really have no appetite. I have a toddler so I'm constantly cooking but after a few bites I have to force myself to eat more. I guess it doesn't help that both babies are right under my boobs and I literally feels like I am going to explode at any minute. But I feel guilty that I'm not providing them with enough nutrients.

So any suggestions on how to overcome this would be much appreciated.

Solongtoshort Tue 20-Oct-15 14:19:17

I sometimes feel like this, I can't suggest anything but sometimes I if I take my bra off and it helps.

macdat Tue 20-Oct-15 16:47:21

I'm not as far gone as you, but hyperemesis made me feel like not eating so I sort of know how you're feeling. I just never really eat a full meal at once, and instead eat really really small amounts all day. So I can make a sandwich for example, eat half, wrap it up and have the other half an hour later or whenever I feel like it.
Also, while I was in hospital, I was worried about the fact I had no food in my system from all the throwing up and not being able to bring myself to eat anything and doctors told me it's hydration that is most important as baby will just take all its nutrients from your reserves. So, while its not a good idea, you could go a couple of days with no food and your baby will get nutrients from your reserves. It's not good of course, but just to put your mind at ease that your babies are probably still taking from your reserves when you don't eat. Water is still very important though and it's more dangerous to have no water all day than it is to have no food all day.

Just try to eat the small amounts you're comfortable with, but eat alot more often.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now