Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this a normal steroid injection side effect?

(4 Posts)
Newlywed123 Tue 20-Oct-15 13:38:23

Hello,

I had steroid injections yesterday 12 hourly apart 9am & 9pm due to previous late loss and high risk of premature birth.

They went into the top of my bum, I felt fine after, just a little achy as expected. But I woke up this morning and my face was burning. By 10am I had a red/ purple rash kind of thing appear on my neck and chin which is very sore and burns, over the day it has spread to my chest and across my whole face. Looks like a really bad patchy sun burn.

I don't have my notes on me so not sure which steroid I was given. Any help would be appreciated feeling pretty crap!

lougle Tue 20-Oct-15 13:55:57

I think you should telephone the maternity unit and ask their advice. Facial rash/swelling shouldn't be ignored.

AbbeyRoadCrossing Tue 20-Oct-15 18:15:54

Sounds like a possible allergy, do phone in

Dixiechick17 Tue 20-Oct-15 18:54:52

The steroid injections made my cheek very red but nothing else, sounds like a reaction, I would call your maternity unit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now