Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

restless leg syndrome

(14 Posts)
tinyme135 Mon 19-Oct-15 22:24:57

Hi all. I am suffering with really bad restless legs syndrome. I can't stop yawning legs from moving. I'm kicking my OH in his sleep and he's getting fed up with me now. I've tried walking up and down the bedroom, having no caffeine before bed and rubbing my legs but nothing seems to work. it's driving me crazy as I'm at work full time. I need some help to ease it as I'm. not sleeping one bit.

MaisieDotes Mon 19-Oct-15 22:28:16

I find taking extra iron makes a massive difference.

Spatone sachets are good.

tinyme135 Mon 19-Oct-15 22:30:36

I think I'm gonna try that tomorrow.

it's just a nightmare. work wonders why I'm always so constantly tired and here is your reason why....no sleep. also I have no sympathy from my OH, he told me it's becoming annoying -.-

comeagainforbigfudge Mon 19-Oct-15 22:31:59

Oh it's god awful isn't it? Brought to tears so many times because of it. That and lack of sleep made everything ten times worse!

In no particular order of success but all tried in desperation:
Tonic water - just a glass not gluing gallons of it
Salt n vinegar crisps
Salty crackers from aldi
Pickled onions
Walking on a cold surface
Flight stocking
a couple of rennies
Banana
Glass of water before bed
A bar of soap under sheet at your feet (sounds weird I know but it worked)

I had awful restless legs and I worked my way through many different combinations! Salty stuff seemed to work quite well.

On the positive side, disappeared completely once DD was born

HTH

comeagainforbigfudge Mon 19-Oct-15 22:32:59

Gluing?!!!! That should read glugging

tinyme135 Mon 19-Oct-15 22:37:18

I'm feeling like I should sleep on the sofa tonight as if it's not the restless legs it's thrush all in one night.

wannabestressfree Mon 19-Oct-15 22:37:56

I have it permanently and its hell.....sympathies

comeagainforbigfudge Mon 19-Oct-15 22:50:11

Eh no. You get the bed. OH gets the sofa. And tell him to start being more sympathetic or you will start wakening him up every single time you need the toilet or your legs twitch.

Bet if it was him with the restless legs you would never hear the end of it!!

tinyme135 Mon 19-Oct-15 22:56:56

I was thinking exactly the same. he keeps moaning he's tired cause of me keeping him up. he's not the one who walks to work or works 9 hours then when I do get home I sort the tea out. I clean the house down and now not sleeping cause of this.

he wants to know why I'm always mad or moody....there's your answer

MaisieDotes Tue 20-Oct-15 08:40:25

OP the restless legs are worse when you're very tired so take care of yourself.

Get your DP to do the tea some days and stop doing all the housework by yourself. You can't do everything and nor should you.

Louisee58 Tue 20-Oct-15 09:36:52

you aren't alone! I suffer from restless legs anyway, im not 8 weeks and have been kept up by it most nights for weeks now! I work 40+ hours a week and have a 4 year old.....hard work isn't it! one on the many joys lol hoping it eases off, Iron sachets sound like a good idea will try that too! Hope yours eases off soon OP

cth1982 Tue 20-Oct-15 16:44:18

I know exactly how you feel - I find water before bed helps BUT then you fall into the needing to pee trap so its swings and roundabouts.

Am still up about 7 or 8 times a night with it though - joys of pregnancy eh?

Duckdeamon Tue 20-Oct-15 16:51:34

Sympathy, i had this and it was awful. Still happens very occasionally (my Dc are primary age now!) but only a mild irritation.

It's time to review the split of who does what with your DP: it sounds like the current set up is unfair. A baby will generate masses more domestic work and obviously day/night care, much less paid work abd leisure time etc.

Will he do his fair share of things or expect you to continue to do it, as now, and care for the baby too?

If he wants more sleep he should be the one to use the sofa or whatever.

If you feel too exhausted to work and get there and back safely you could take pregnancy related sick leave. Working long days could exacerbate the problem.

Take care of yourself.

5hell Tue 20-Oct-15 17:27:46

sympathies tinyme I have RLS normally anyway but pregnancy is increasing the frequency unfortunately sad

things I find make it worse
- sitting around not moving much...I would often get RLS at the theatre/on a coach etc. so maybe try not to be too static in the evening/just before bed? I'm not suggesting anything strenuous, but maybe a potter aorund doing normal little jobs just before bed?
-dehydration (but this is just a vicious cycle of peeing/drinking right now!)
-tiredness (ironic!) hmm

I agree your dh should be more sympathetic, but I have found a complete change of scenery/position helps, so sleeping on the sofa or even just in a different bed MIGHT help sometimes, and might help you relax without irritating dh moaning (no offence) ;)

I've not connected it to anything dietary etc, but I ofetn fancy salty snacks, so maybe they help?

good luck all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now