Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Mum to 12 week baby girl expecting 2nd!

(21 Posts)
TinkerbellShar Mon 19-Oct-15 19:48:30

Hi everyone I will start by introducing myself my name is shar in 24 live with my partner and my 12 week old babygirl.It took me 3 years to conceive my little girl.since having her I decided to go on the pill as I had previously used depo injection 4-5 years ago and believe that's what messed me up so will only take the pill now.. So me and my partner had intercourse once since last month as I wanted to be careful and get the pill into my system..this month I was late for my period 10 days later and still no sign of my period so I was starting to worry. I took a test and could not believe it I'm pregnant again! So much shock can't believe it really. At first I just cried I didn't no how to feel or what to do..wasn't planned obviously.we have now accepted it and looking forward to my daughter having a little sister or brother but just hate the fact that I no people are going to judge me..my family are so supportive and are happy for us as at one time we never thought we could have children but here we are now expecting our 2nd child. X

Wondererer Mon 19-Oct-15 19:49:45

Don't worry about what others think. What a brilliant age gap!

TinkerbellShar Mon 19-Oct-15 19:52:36

Thanks Hun I try not to worry but some people can be so judgemental I haven't made it public yet just family are aware and have been so supportive so far I just can't be dealing with people who are going to be judgemental as I no I got it all to come lol xx

jobrum Mon 19-Oct-15 19:52:42

I know a couple of people this has happened to and altough it was hard at the beginning, their siblings are only a year apart and so are best friends as they play with the same age toys and games etc.

Congratulations!

Nonnainglese Mon 19-Oct-15 19:53:08

Tell others to mind their own business smile
My best friend had 5 under four years old (single, twins, twins) and says she didn't give a monkeys what others thought - although the FP clinic shuddered every time she turned up!

TinkerbellShar Mon 19-Oct-15 19:54:35

Thanks everyone smile I'm new to here is there any due date forums on here? X

loveliesbleeding1 Mon 19-Oct-15 19:55:13

Who cares what anyone thinks, how exciting!.... congratulationsflowers

Skiingmaniac Mon 19-Oct-15 19:57:29

It's all good - my kids are just under 13 months apart....shocker at the time but they're now 8 and 9 and best friends! grin

SpanglesGalloway Mon 19-Oct-15 19:58:33

tinkerbellshar if you have a look on antenatal page you will find a thread for your due date if there is one yet! When would you be due ill have a look for you. Every congratulations and don't worry what others think with their judgey pants! flowers

TinkerbellShar Mon 19-Oct-15 19:59:14

That's what I'm looking forward to them being so close. My daughter will be 11 months when baby number 2 is born. Hard work I no but I'm up for the challenge smile xxx

sepa Mon 19-Oct-15 20:04:32

Congratulations on DC 2. What a fab age gap. If I could have this one then another so soon then I would deffo do it (but not sure how long I would need to go back after mat leave)
My OH has a similar age gap to his older brother and he loved growing up with the age gap.

TinkerbellShar Mon 19-Oct-15 20:07:02

I think I was just so shocked and really wasn't expecting it but it's just sunk in but obviously just worried about remarks people would make when it goes public if you know what I mean. Some people can be spiteful even though I got broad shoulders sometimes people can't help them selfs xx

TinkerbellShar Mon 19-Oct-15 20:07:19

Thank you everyone for your kind words xx

leelteloo Mon 19-Oct-15 20:07:37

I have a massive 16 month gap between my boys and it's so lovely. They play together, like the same things, have the most amazing bond. It was tough, be prepared, it is tough but wonderful. Congrats

Gobbolinothewitchscat Mon 19-Oct-15 20:08:28

You'll be fine. I have a 13 month gap between my 1 and 2 year old. I've found it do doable that I'm currently 36 weeks pregnant with DC3 - and I don't think I'm a particularly good parent grin

What I've found is that most people who say how terribly hard it will be have absolutely no experience if that type of gap and are basically talking out of their arse. Get a good double pram and get them napping at the same times.

Wondererer Mon 19-Oct-15 20:12:00

I feel the same about being judged. Were planning to start trying for baby number 1 this summer which means I'd be 22 when I gave birth if all goes to plans and I'm worried people will think we're too young!! Now after joining MN I've realised I'm not that young and people's unwanted opinions shouldn't even be considered x

TinkerbellShar Mon 19-Oct-15 20:14:58

To be honest I'm just lucky to even be able to have my children as last year I never even thought I could conceive after trying for so long.i can't bite my tongue when people judge so end up kicking off lol xx

Wondererer Mon 19-Oct-15 20:18:12

If someone said anything I think I'd turn round and say well good job you're not going to be carrying a babu round for 9 months and that it hasn't to come out of your moo! Now wind your nosy necks in grin

TinkerbellShar Mon 19-Oct-15 20:19:13

Love that wonderer!! wink

Ilovetorrentialrain Mon 19-Oct-15 20:26:19

Wow! Congratulations!

TinkerbellShar Mon 19-Oct-15 20:28:54

Thank you x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: