Talk

Advanced search

37wks plus 1 had blurred vision for about an hour!

(13 Posts)
HopeFull28 Mon 19-Oct-15 17:54:20

So today I've felt better than I have for a long while then I had an hr nap and woke up with blurred vision it's just about cleared after an hr... Anyone else had this?

HopeFull28 Mon 19-Oct-15 17:54:55

Nothing else wrong, baby still very active etc

mudandmayhem01 Mon 19-Oct-15 18:01:00

I would contact midwife / out of hours immediately, could be nothing, its a long time since I had my babies but I seem to remember something about pre- eclampsia and blurred vision.

StealthPolarBear Mon 19-Oct-15 18:02:15

Yes I thought of pre eclampsia too. Have you ever had blurred vision before?
If you're worried at all contact your midwife

Quills Mon 19-Oct-15 18:03:45

Please get checked urgently, as visual disturbances can be a big indicator of PE. Hope all's ok.

TheTravellingLemon Mon 19-Oct-15 18:05:09

I would contact your midwife. There's no point in ignoring these things and you're full term so it needn't be so bad even if it is something.

bluewisteria Mon 19-Oct-15 18:07:57

Contact them straight away, PE can come on quite suddenly. You really should be checked this evening.

Ihatechoosingnames Mon 19-Oct-15 18:11:05

Could be pre-eclampsia, with my DS it came on very suddenly so please call your midwife/triage ASAP.

Ihatechoosingnames Mon 19-Oct-15 18:12:03

Just wanna add - I had NO other symptoms whatsoever, just a bit blurry vision and slightly swollen feet. In every other way I felt pretty brilliant.

Brummiegirl15 Mon 19-Oct-15 18:57:08

I'm 25 weeks and I had blurry vision about a week ago. For about an hour and nothing came of it.

But you should absolutely mention it to mw just in case

SerenityReynolds Mon 19-Oct-15 19:02:45

I had this a few times when pregnant with DD. The midwives said to definitely come in as it can be a sign of pre-eclampsia. All was fine in the end, but I would certainly call them and get checked out.

HopeFull28 Mon 19-Oct-15 19:21:15

Called mw and she said not to worry as it cleared before 2 hours, it's not happened before but she said to call again if happens again.. She didn't seem that concerned hmm freaked me out for a while though..

bluewisteria Thu 22-Oct-15 18:20:37

I'm quite surprised that was her reaction to be honest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now