Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any one had an empty gestational sac pregnancy?

(15 Posts)
MummyG1288 Mon 19-Oct-15 17:49:17

Found out I'm pregnant with baby no2 and all seems well pregnancy symptoms started early this time but had a slight bleed spoke to the gp as I had pain, dizziness and general unwell feeling so was sent for a scan to make sure it's not ectopic. Luckily not eptopic but the lady who scanned me said she couldn't see anything in the gestational sac. Told to come back in 7 days and got rescanned and the sac is still empty. They are unsure of my dates so been asked to wait another 10days for another scan. If the sac is still empty they say it's a late miscarriage.
Has anyone else had this?

Thanks in advance.

Clairejessica123 Mon 19-Oct-15 18:38:45

I'm sorry your going through this. I had this last September however it was at my 12 weeks scan and I knew I was at least 10 weeks so for myself it was a missed miscarriage. I know a lot of people who have had this in early pregnancy with good outcomes.

Do you have any idea of your dates yourself? I would try and keep busy to keep your mind off it during the next 10 days.

I hope you won't need it but if you do the miscarriage page is really informative and I found a lot of support on there

MummyG1288 Tue 20-Oct-15 07:41:14

Thank you clairejessica123 By my dates I'm 6 weeks so still early but with my daughter I had a scan at this point and they were happy with it so this is just a little concerning. I work full time so at least I'll be busy and my daughter is non stop too. Just upsetting to think there is nothing there.

I will read the miscarriage pages too. Thank you again. X

PosterEh Tue 20-Oct-15 07:44:52

Was it a tummy scan or an internal.
At my last scan they couldn't see anything until they did an internal, then saw a 6.5 week baby with heartbeat (sadly for me I thought I was 8 weeks but hopefully reassuring for you that something cAn be there but not seen).

crumblybiscuits Tue 20-Oct-15 11:45:47

Yep, I went in for a scan thinking I was 8+ weeks and there was just a sac (albeit with a yolk too) and then I went back two weeks later and saw a heartbeat. I'm now just under 14w and everything is going well. My dates were so off, the LMP date they have given me is a week before I got a positive test! I must have got a really early BFP. Best of luck.

MummyG1288 Fri 23-Oct-15 21:47:12

Had both internal and tummy scan no yolk sac found either. I have to go back on the 29th for another scan which feels like a life time away. Still having pregnancy symptoms but I've also had twinges in my cervix/ovary area for the past 3 days which I keep being told is just normal pregnancy symptoms. It's all so confusing and frustrating. But thank you everyone for you kind words and help. X

Whoknewitcouldbeso Fri 23-Oct-15 21:51:26

Could it be a blighted ovum do you think? My sister had this but only found out at 11 weeks when she had a bleed and a MMC was found at her 12 week scan.

I think all you can do is wait and hope. I really hope your next scan brings good news xxx

RalucaMorena Sat 24-Oct-15 09:33:34

I did in Feb but I knew something was wrong because I had no pregnancy symptoms. I had a medical management of miscarriage and I am happy to say I am 13 weeks pregnant now.
It's not a nice experience but it is not the end of the world.

Maurice169 Wed 28-Oct-15 19:49:35

Yes I've had this twice. First time was a miscarriage. Second time scan was too early, couldn't see anything other than an empty sac, I'm 22 weeks now. Good luck

MummyG1288 Fri 30-Oct-15 06:59:08

Had my scan again yesterday and still nothing except the empty sac. I've got to go back a last time next Friday and if there's still no baby I'm booked in to stay and be medically managed. I've never heard of anything like this and it's so unsettling but thank you everyone for you advise and kind words. X

WhatEverZen Fri 30-Oct-15 07:32:01

I had this with my first pregnancy many years ago. It's called a blighted ovum when the pregnancy sac is empty.

In my case I didn't find out until my 11/ 12th week when I started bleeding and miscarrying the sac naturally. It was confirmed by a scan at the antenatal support clinic. Up until that point everything had outwardly been a straight forward pregnancy so there had been no clues

Sorry you're going through this. Good luck op x

MummyG1288 Sun 01-Nov-15 19:33:19

We've come to terms with it a bit better now and this week and I've started to feel more 'normal' the only symptom I still have is slightly tender breasts. Just looking forward to keep busy with christmas shopping. Xx

Chattycat78 Mon 02-Nov-15 16:02:19

I had this as well- I went for an 8 week scan(or so I thought) to find an empty sac with no embryo. I had an ERPC . I understand that it's quite common. I hope it isn't happening to you though of course!

I just got a bfp on Friday and I'm very scared is this happening again,so i m planning on a scan as soon as is physically possible!

SarahMammy25 Mon 02-Nov-15 21:44:16

i had this last year when id just found out i was pregnant. was sent for an emergency scan with suspected ectopic and was an empty sac. went back the following week and it was still empty. had to wait a tortorous 13 days and go back and low and behold there was a teeny blob lol with a flickker in the centre! i was too early when i first went and the second time too. after my 12 week scan i worked out i was only JUST 6 weeks when they found the baby and heart. my son is 13 months now. i keep my fingers and toes crossed for you xxx

MummyG1288 Sat 07-Nov-15 13:50:24

Hi ladies
I had my scan yesterday and the sac was collapsing and hasn't grown so they "called it" as she put it and I'm currently in hospital being medically treated. I would have been 9 weeks pregnant so they say it's definitely a late miscarriage. But I'm so grateful to you all for your advise and help.
Thank you. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now