Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please help, bleeding in week 4-5

(5 Posts)
Phoenix15 Mon 19-Oct-15 11:03:34

Tested positive Thursday night with a clear blue after some very faint lines on Internet cheapies Wednesday and Thursday. Had lots of symptoms for over a week, mild cramping, nausea, sore boobs, stronger sense of smell. Had some stronger cramping yesterday which lasted all day. Wasn't concerned until I started spotting a bit, initially it was pink and watery, overnight it's become a lot more red, proper blood (although it's still thinner than period blood) and has got heavier, although all cramping had stopped today. Do you think I'm right in assuming the worst, ie a MC? Really devastated but I'm not really very hopeful, as all my other symptoms have disappeared. So what do I do now? Just wait it out, or is it worth a call to the GP? Thanks

Brummiegirl15 Mon 19-Oct-15 11:59:52

Hi,

I'm so sorry to tell you that with red blood and cramping, you've almost certainly had an mc.

I'm so sorry. I've had 3 mcs and it's heartbreaking.

It can be worth a call to the GP, they can't do anything but they can give you advice plus also this miscarriage is recorded because god forbid you had anymore, the NHS won't do anything until 3 in a row and so it's really important to get them recorded.

I hasten to add though that your chances next time are really good and 3 in a row in really rare (1% of couples)

Be kind to yourself flowers

Laura280486 Mon 19-Oct-15 12:34:18

Do you know how far gone you are/were?

Every pregnancy is different I would definitely go to the doctor first and see what they say.

I bled with my first, similar kind of thing and was a one off bleed and all was fine, my sister had regular periods throughout hers and was fine.

It may well be a MC and I am so sorry if it is but definitely worth getting checked out x

Laura280486 Mon 19-Oct-15 12:35:27

Sorry just realised it says 4-5 weeks....still get checked out though x

Phoenix15 Mon 19-Oct-15 13:31:43

Thank you for your very kind words. Just waiting for the GP to ring me baclose, still bleeding so it's pretty much guaranteed now. Here's hoping I can heal quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now