Talk

Advanced search

What are silly things you couldn't stand when pregnant?

(19 Posts)
Chloeisobelle21 Mon 19-Oct-15 10:04:36

I have really long hair and I can't bare it being on me, I have to wash my hair over the bath so it doesn't touch my back. I also detest having a shower right now, it makes me feel sick.

Dixiechick17 Mon 19-Oct-15 10:24:52

I've always been weird about the feeling of wet hair on my skin, makes me shiver.

Throughout pregnancy I couldn't bear my legs being touched, when the cats brushed up against them I hated it.

Tootsiepops Mon 19-Oct-15 12:13:46

I have trypophobia. The last few weeks have been hellish after a throwaway comment by my NCT leader about newborn's skin needing to become 'seeded' with bacteria to build up their resistance to germs. I would actually live in the shower at the moment if I could, and cover myself in anti-bacterial wash, but I am trying very, very, very hard not to let this become a major issue as I'm well aware it could spiral. Hoping it goes away soon as my skin is crawling constantly.

ValancyJane Mon 19-Oct-15 15:02:28

I had bad morning sickness, and went through a phase of finding it hard to swallow tablets and stuff, just had a really bad gag reflex. But one thing I couldn't bear was the kids at work (secondary schools) chewing pen kids in their mouths, it just made me gag seeing it! Sounds crazy now, but that was the oddest thing!!

sophiaslullaby Mon 19-Oct-15 15:44:46

MIL's little dog - as sweet as she is and I love the dog - lying on the sofa. Where I planned to lay baby. I'm ok and accepting of germs but literally watched the dog all day the other month (see WAY before baby was going to actually be using the sofa himself!!) and whenever she'd sit on the sofa I would shift her off of move a blanket under her.
Cushions can only be hoovered or wiped - no deep cleaning!

May09Bump Tue 20-Oct-15 10:59:18

I am currently 12 weeks and quite big already - every time I look at maternity wear in shops, I feel violently sick. The baby is wanted and my second, so not that anxious. It has happened five times now - even when i look online.

In my previous pregnancy, I had no symptoms until heartburn at 34 weeks. This time I had nausea, but it has cleared - excect for the shopping experience. It's so weird - as a last resort DH is going to have to buy them for me.

Roobix04 Tue 20-Oct-15 11:03:43

Anyone who wasn't dp touching me in any way. Not just the bump rubbers but even touching my arm. I've always had a large personal space but pregnancy kicked it into overdrive.

ShowYourSeams Tue 20-Oct-15 11:40:10

I hated the tags in clothes touching my skin. I had to cut them out before I could wear anything.

Llouh Tue 20-Oct-15 11:49:44

My OH, haha.

That only lasted a couple of weeks though.

mrsdiddlydoo Tue 20-Oct-15 11:55:15

Definitely dh although he's being a superstar and my life saver at the moment.

Louisee58 Tue 20-Oct-15 12:18:53

the sound of my OH eating angry it annoyed the hell out of me the first time and its starting again this time! to be fair he is a noisy eater at the best of times so being pregnant just heightens the noise!

people looking down at you for finding out what you are having.....get off your high horse you are no better than me! I still gave birth I just knew it was a boy coming!

seeing other people eat when I was full......didn't annoy me as such but would really make me want to vom!

the hair thing, not so much wet hair just hair in general touching my face or neck!

pregnancy does crazy things to you!

BananaRaces Tue 20-Oct-15 12:43:25

Valancy Taking tablets makes me gag almost every time now, and NEVER has before pregnancy. I had morning sickness too, but while that stopped at about 14 weeks, the tablet gagging has just carried on (I'm 23 weeks now). It's got so bad that I actually threw up a few days ago, just from trying to swallow my Folic Acid tablet! confused

C4thy81 Tue 20-Oct-15 15:14:03

I can relate to the other half eating lol rattling crisp packets omg I want to punch him lol

MermaidVsSailor Tue 20-Oct-15 17:20:44

Having a shower makes me feel sick too, also can't stand my hair being down (including my fringe), tags on clothes and anyone other than my DP touching me - ugh

Hopelass Tue 20-Oct-15 17:32:32

Aldi. The smell made me feel sick. Even the thought of the smell made me feel sick! I couldn't go in until after ds was born! Also the "smell" of the fridge. There was no smell as such but I used to gag every time I opened it. DP thought it v funny hmm

bluewisteria Tue 20-Oct-15 19:12:53

Scan photos!! They make me want to chunder, in fact I often do.

I think it stems from my first DD - I was so nervous due to many, many mc's, and I had dreadful hyperemesis, that I was a ball of nerves and vomit for my first scan. Every time I see a scan pic it seems to tele transport me back there and I wretch confused, even with this pregnancy (DC3).

Chloeisobelle21 Tue 20-Oct-15 20:20:02

Haha it's good reading through these. Ah no that's a shame you relate the sickness to your scan pics! To be fair I can't bare the fridge either, I open it and hold my breath haha

ThatsNotEvenAWord Tue 20-Oct-15 20:22:42

Hopelass I came on to say the smell of the fridge and supermarkets! Also the water filter jug <vom>

olaflikeswarmhugs Tue 20-Oct-15 20:27:35

The smell of the dishes of a meal I've just eaten . Especially if I've cooked it. Weirdoblush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now