Talk

Advanced search

Not Sure What To Do Now. Please Help Me.

(9 Posts)
Derbygirl37 Sun 18-Oct-15 20:00:49

I got my BFP last Sunday (first on an internet cheapy and then on a Clearblue Digital) and had been trying since the beginning of June. Me and DH were so excited! Today I would be 4 weeks, 5 days pregnant going from the date of my LMP.

Anyway, Friday morning I woke up to bright red spotting (only when I wiped), this progressed throughout the day to bleeding onto pads, which was what I can only describe as like a light period with NO pain (my usual periods are quite heavy and accompanied with horrendously painful cramps). I went to see the doctor on Friday morning who told me it could be nothing to worry about or it could be a threatened miscarriage. She told me to put my feet up, rest completely and wait to see what happened. She said I'd know if it developed into a miscarriage and that I should take another test once the bleeding stopped.

So, the period like bleeding lasted all day Friday and all day yesterday. It's eased off quite a bit today, there's hardly anything on my pad and just seems to be a brownish smear when I wipe. There's been no pain whatsoever the whole time. Infact, apart from feeling tired, I feel quite well in myself.

The thing is, I just don't know what to do from here. Have I miscarried?? What do I do next?? I've told work and am going to take some days off. I'm worried that this was just the start of things and the bleeding will start up again and be much worse. I was devastated all day on Friday and now my emotions are all over the place.

Sorry for such a long post but thanks for listening xx

pocketsized Sun 18-Oct-15 20:06:49

I'm sorry you're facing such a stressful time, Have you done another test as the Dr suggested?

Waitingimpatient Sun 18-Oct-15 20:12:11

Could the GP refer you to an early pregnancy unit ? They could scan you/do bloods and tell you what is happening

Alternatively I think you can get private early scans/bloods but it's quite expensive

I hope everything is ok for you x

macdat Sun 18-Oct-15 20:14:01

As your doctor said, rest...a lot. Stay in bed as much as possible. If it is a mc, you may not be able to tell yet. But, it may not be anything. My friend had bleeding like this during two of her pregnancies, we were all very worried, but both babies were fine. Not trying to give false hope, or false sense of dread. Just saying, as your doctor said it could be anything. The only thing you can do right now is rest as much as you can and don't strain yourself at all.

From what I've read online, some bleeding is normal (although not everybody will have this) and the biggest concerns are when you have bleeding and severe pain.

I'm not sure if they'll see anything, but you can probably go into your local epu tomorrow morning to see what's what.
Wishing you luck. Hope it's not bad news x

WhatsGoingOnEh Sun 18-Oct-15 20:16:54

With my DS2, I had torrential red bleeding and everything was fine. That was later on in the pregnancy though, at about 35 weeks.

Please rest. Rest and call the doctor on Monday.

Derbygirl37 Sun 18-Oct-15 20:18:01

Thanks for your replies pocketsized and waitingimpatient. I haven't done another test yet because the bleeding hasn't stopped completely. I know that the hormones can stay in your body for a bit after a miscarriage but I'm also scared to do one because I know that seeing the BFN will tip me over the edge. My head is all over the place at the moment but I suppose I should wait for the bleeding to stop completely, do a test and then see the GP if it's positive? I'd been booked in to see the midwife for my booking in appointment a week on Wednesday (28th) too. Earlier than usual, the GP requested this because I have type 2 diabetes xx

EatSleepWorkRepeat Sun 18-Oct-15 20:18:45

Sorry you're going through this... do you have any tests left? If you did another one now it should either show a darker line than last sunday if things are progressing, or a fainter one by now if you're in the process of a mc.
Best of luck flowers

Derbygirl37 Mon 19-Oct-15 10:22:19

The bleeding has stopped. I've done an internet cheapy this morning and it's BFN. Really strange that I've only had 2 days of bleeding, 1 day of spotting and absolutely no pain. I'm heartbroken x

5hell Mon 19-Oct-15 12:33:01

so sorry derby flowers
i guess if it is a mc, the lightness may correlate with it being quite early on still. i had a mc back in april that was physically painless and the bleeding wasn't too heavy although it did go on for a while.
if i were you i would continue to rest and look after yourself; I would maybe retest in a week or so to be sure. If you do continue to get neg hpts I would still see your gp/mw/epu so they can confirm the mc is 'complete'.

hopefully it's not what it seems - I'm currently 16w following a period at 4-5w, and 3 gushes of bloow at 6, 7 and 8w, so there is hope
xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now