Talk

Advanced search

Late pregnancy worry

(4 Posts)
PetersonPeterson Sun 18-Oct-15 14:24:15

I am in the last few weeks of pregnancy and just can't stop worrying something will go wrong. The baby moves plenty but every time it's quiet I feel overwhelmed with panic, and even when it's moving I worry. I so much want to get the baby here safely, but I know I can't do anything to make it happen sooner, and anyway rationally I know it's better for the baby to come when it's ready and I must not wish it to be early. Just so anxious. Is this normal? I'm sure it must be?!

Oysterbabe Sun 18-Oct-15 14:51:13

I think it's normal, I feel like that and I'm only 25 weeks.

CityDweller Mon 19-Oct-15 17:50:32

It sounds normal to me. I'm generally quite cavalier about pregnancy, but towards end of preg with DC2 I did get more anxious. To point I went to get checked out at hospital for reduced movement at about 38 weeks. DS was a bit of a lazy sod though - would get hours and hours of no movement.

However, if you are finding he anxiety unmanageable, etc, you might talk to your GP or midwife...

PetersonPeterson Mon 19-Oct-15 21:09:49

Thanks. Not really feeling overwhelmed and normally quite rational person. I have a disabled child already and I knew something was wrong when I was pregnant with him, but I think I probably still feel a bit traumatised from what has happened with him- we were told over and over again that he would be a healthy baby and we were the one in a million where he wasn't. Somehow thinking about his birth and the end of my pregnancy with him brings back all sorts of emotions and I know that things don't always go right. This pregnancy is different but I just feel anxious!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now