Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Second trimester worries

(8 Posts)
brookeberry Sun 18-Oct-15 12:26:20

I'm starting to realise that worry goes hand in hand with being pregnant, but now that I've made the 2nd trimester (hurrah!) I'm now worried that I don't feel much at 14 weeks. No weight gain, no bump and now no nausea/fatigue - unpleasant, but reassuring! I do have a scan in 9 days which I think focusses the worry even more.
Is the 2nd trimester just an easy ride after the 1st?

Ladypug Sun 18-Oct-15 12:40:20

Hi Brooke, yes, I remember feeling this way, make the most of it! The second trimester was amazing - I had energy, went on a minibreak, wanted sex again, stopped feeling ill and started to look and feel like me again! In the final week now and I miss the second trimester so much, make the most of it :-)

WineCheeseSleep Sun 18-Oct-15 13:02:37

That seems completely normal to me. I think I was past 14 weeks when I started showing with my first and I don't think I put any/much weight on in the first trimester. It was a great time after the morning sickness went!

I was definitely showing somewhat by my 20 week scan so you'll probably pop out soon. Pregnancy is full of worry sometimes isn't it!

cloudjumper Sun 18-Oct-15 23:31:54

Completely normal. Its a bit of a weird limbo - the horrible symptoms of the first trimester fade, but there is nothing really to replace them yet. I'd agree with op - enjoy feeling 'normal' as much as you can, for its not going to last grin I loved being able to stay awake in the evenings again, having energy to do stuff, exercise etc, before turning into a beached whale...

LieselVonTwat Mon 19-Oct-15 09:01:10

I suspect the majority of women don't have weight gain or a bump 14 weeks in with their first, it's totally normal.

ServingSuggestion Mon 19-Oct-15 09:14:27

Yep, totally normal. Make the most of it!

brookeberry Mon 19-Oct-15 09:52:46

Thanks all! Great, I can now move my free-floating anxiety onto something else nowgrin.

Actually you're right, I'm going to take advantage of feeling fairly normal - although I just tried to clean the kitchen surfaces there and immediately threw up!! MUST NOT CLEAN - hurrah!

This is my first, and I realise life may never be the same again so I best take advantage and run around for a while, although I'm already dying to meet our baby smile

PurplePoppy17 Mon 19-Oct-15 13:03:44

I'm also 14 weeks and feeling the same, my bump started about 11 weeks bit now I have filled out a bit it doesn't really look like a bump, more just podgy belly. I was prescribed anti sickness tablets and they are amazing, I've stopped taking them everyday now and just take every so often. I sometimes forget that I'm pregnant as I just don't feel anything but I'm so glad that I have energy and hunger back as its been tough since about 6 weeks. I have a private scan booked for 16/17 weeks as I feel a little lost since I don't have kicks yet.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: