Talk

Advanced search

Second trimester worries

(8 Posts)
brookeberry Sun 18-Oct-15 12:26:20

I'm starting to realise that worry goes hand in hand with being pregnant, but now that I've made the 2nd trimester (hurrah!) I'm now worried that I don't feel much at 14 weeks. No weight gain, no bump and now no nausea/fatigue - unpleasant, but reassuring! I do have a scan in 9 days which I think focusses the worry even more.
Is the 2nd trimester just an easy ride after the 1st?

Ladypug Sun 18-Oct-15 12:40:20

Hi Brooke, yes, I remember feeling this way, make the most of it! The second trimester was amazing - I had energy, went on a minibreak, wanted sex again, stopped feeling ill and started to look and feel like me again! In the final week now and I miss the second trimester so much, make the most of it :-)

WineCheeseSleep Sun 18-Oct-15 13:02:37

That seems completely normal to me. I think I was past 14 weeks when I started showing with my first and I don't think I put any/much weight on in the first trimester. It was a great time after the morning sickness went!

I was definitely showing somewhat by my 20 week scan so you'll probably pop out soon. Pregnancy is full of worry sometimes isn't it!

cloudjumper Sun 18-Oct-15 23:31:54

Completely normal. Its a bit of a weird limbo - the horrible symptoms of the first trimester fade, but there is nothing really to replace them yet. I'd agree with op - enjoy feeling 'normal' as much as you can, for its not going to last grin I loved being able to stay awake in the evenings again, having energy to do stuff, exercise etc, before turning into a beached whale...

LieselVonTwat Mon 19-Oct-15 09:01:10

I suspect the majority of women don't have weight gain or a bump 14 weeks in with their first, it's totally normal.

ServingSuggestion Mon 19-Oct-15 09:14:27

Yep, totally normal. Make the most of it!

brookeberry Mon 19-Oct-15 09:52:46

Thanks all! Great, I can now move my free-floating anxiety onto something else nowgrin.

Actually you're right, I'm going to take advantage of feeling fairly normal - although I just tried to clean the kitchen surfaces there and immediately threw up!! MUST NOT CLEAN - hurrah!

This is my first, and I realise life may never be the same again so I best take advantage and run around for a while, although I'm already dying to meet our baby smile

PurplePoppy17 Mon 19-Oct-15 13:03:44

I'm also 14 weeks and feeling the same, my bump started about 11 weeks bit now I have filled out a bit it doesn't really look like a bump, more just podgy belly. I was prescribed anti sickness tablets and they are amazing, I've stopped taking them everyday now and just take every so often. I sometimes forget that I'm pregnant as I just don't feel anything but I'm so glad that I have energy and hunger back as its been tough since about 6 weeks. I have a private scan booked for 16/17 weeks as I feel a little lost since I don't have kicks yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now