Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

rant! anyone elses OH good at saying the wrong thing?

(13 Posts)
s098 Sat 17-Oct-15 09:45:51

My OH is a really decent guy but not always the best with what he says! Last night during a conversation he managed to say I was 'wearing my frumpier clothes' after I corrected him that pretty much everything still fits! When I asked what he meant he said well your work clothes are frumpy ( well yeah I'm shoveling horse poo every day and it cold outside!!). Kind of let it go at the time but now I'm at work and its annoying me that he said that. I thought I was doing quite well at almost 26 weeks to still be able to wear most things and didn't think I looked frumpy sad
Has anyone else's OH put their foot in it lately??

TerryTylerlikesaTiger Sat 17-Oct-15 09:54:02

Tbh, when I was pregnant my Oh couldn't say anything right. I have a better gift for ignoring tactlessness now the baby is out!
Tell him the only appropriate response to any question is 'you're beautiful'

blondiejess1982 Sat 17-Oct-15 09:59:07

I have been really paranoid about how big I am and my OH is actually normally wonderful and always makes me feel good about myself however... A few weeks ago we were discussing my paranoia over the weight gain and he said "babe do you know my ex wife didn't put on a single pound and only had a bump, it was weird and I think you should be bigger if you are pregnant, it is nice" He was trying to reassure me but clearly not the best thing to say!!!!

Junosmum Sat 17-Oct-15 10:09:27

My OH calls me bumpety, I know it's just about my bump but it just makes me feel really fat.

strangerjo Sat 17-Oct-15 17:46:00

Yes. My OH can be great but he is frequently a moron and I have spent a lot of time seething over things he's said and done. Hearing his stories about how his friends or other people had straightforward and enjoyable pregnancies and were active the whole way through isn't what I want to hear when I've struggled and felt rubbish since week 5!

CoffeeAndOranges Sat 17-Oct-15 18:05:31

I think bumpety sounds really cute, Juno, my OH doesn't have the imagination to come up with a pet name like that!!

scarednoob Sat 17-Oct-15 19:53:38

I had a c section and now have a gorgeous but clingy 1 month old. This means showers are snatched whenever I can put her down without screaming for a few minutes. Between that and the recovery, my usually well maintained smooth legs are rather rampant.

OH says last night, "look, your legs are hairier than mine!" The 6 weeks before we can DTD again just became 6 months.........

s098 Sun 18-Oct-15 16:59:26

They really need to think before speaking sometimes hahahmm

EdgarAllenPoe Mon 19-Oct-15 12:55:14

A few weeks ago my DH commented my bump now sticks out further than my bum. Um...thanks? hmm

Tftpoo Mon 19-Oct-15 13:55:01

Edgar my DH said the exact same thing to me yesterday!

sophiaslullaby Mon 19-Oct-15 15:58:02

Haha! At about 32 weeks just as I was starting to feel truely changed and 'pregnant' I thought I'd have a lovely pamper session - long shower, shaved, used my favourite shower gel. Then pedicured my toes (while I could still reach them) and put lotion on (i never usually bother)....DH came upstairs as I was then getting dressed, feeling glam, patted me on the leg and said with a cheeky smile, "Alright fatty!".....
Thing is I actually was able to step out of the scenario and laugh at it (I've not put on much extra weight) - he really doesn't mean it and has made an effort to comment affectionately on my figure, but I think our men do find it strange to see our changing body and they deal with it with humour. Usually a bad move!

MamaDuckling Fri 23-Oct-15 22:42:11

Five days after DS was born, DH told me that pushing the pram would be good for my bingo wings. He was deadly serious...

Mondinomum2 Sat 24-Oct-15 20:57:40

glad it's not just mine! I'm trying to clear out our 'junk room' to make another bedroom in time for baby. It's a massive task, on top of my job, my 3 year old and being 18 weeks pregnant with horrendous MS. Anyway...so far today, my husband has complained that I am taking too long getting all the clearing out done, I'm basically lazy and I've become a picky eater!?! Seriously, it's a gift if I keep anything in my stomach at the moment still. I was delighted when my little one smacked him over the head with a toy sword...but then of course I was a bad parent too for not disciplining 'my child' (ours!!!) well enough. Arghhhhhhh Why!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now